Post Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Post Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

bucs607179 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:35 pm Big night in the State of Texas. They have 3 pro teams playing tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWOzrC-RkGk
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Good game last night. Go Rangers!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Kind of doesn't quite fit here, but the Marlins did make the playoffs. Kim Ng has decided not to exercise her part of a mutual option with the Marlins, and is stepping down as General Manager of the team.

The MLB site has a story on the surprise move, as the Marlins had exercised their part of the contract. She mentioned about not being totally aligned with the direction of the club with Bruce Sherman, principal owner and chairman.

It's interesting reading that, because Derek Jeter left for exactly the same reasons. Here's a similar story with more information from the LA Times:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kim-ng-fir ... 33038.html
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Interesting Surg, thank you
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ng is extremely competent. Everything I’ve read about her has been exemplary. She could probably successfully run a business in any industry. Baseball’s lucky to have her in their’s. If she ends up back in the MLB office, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she became the commissioner one day.
Javy

Post by Javy »

My guess is she moves on to Boston.

Isn't the guy who runs the Marlins a leftover from the Jeffrey Loria regime? His son-in-law maybe?

Never mind...it was David Samson, who was Loria's step-son, and President of the club in both Montreal and Florida
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Rangers win- now 2-0
Austin Hedges does it again
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Gallen serves up two meatballs in the bottom of the first. Hoping he'll duplicate his game against the Brewers, and his team comes from behind
Doc

Post by Doc »

Philly picks up where it left off. They continue to look driven to winning this year. I still feel the D’Backs will give them a go, maybe push it to six games. As for Houston, that line-up is too good to think they can’t come back and still win the series.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Phillies take the first game, 5-3.