Post Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Post Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Arizona knocks off the Brewers. No more Front Row Amy.

Phillies up 7-0 bottom of the 7th.

If the Phillies hold on to the lead, that means since the new WC format, 7 of the 8 series were sweeps. and 5 of 8 were won by the visiting team. It's only been two seasons, but so far, the format hasn't exactly generated much drama.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Phillies complete the sweep. Here are the standings so far:
Surg 1-3
Doc 1-3
Javy 3-1
Possum 1-3
Champs 1-3
Wizard 1-3
Bobster 1-3
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Okay gang, who you got?

Philadelphia vs. Atlanta- I'm picking the Braves, hoping for a Philly upset
Arizona vs. Los Angeles- I'm picking and pulling for the Diamondbacks for the upset
Texas vs. Baltimore- I'm picking and pulling for the Orioles,
Minnesota vs. Houston- I'm picking the Astros, hoping for the Twins
Doc

Post by Doc »

1. Atlanta over Philadelphia. The Phillies starters will have to pitch out of their minds. That Braves line-up has to be one of the best in history. I can't believe I'm saying this having grown up hating the Phils but I think I might be pulling for them.
2. Los Angeles over Arizona. While the Dodgers line-up is also really good, I won't be surprised if the D'Backs outlast them. I've always been a Dodgers fan because they've always had an organization that's done it right so I'll be pulling for them.
3. Houston over Minnesota. I despise the Astros so I'll be rooting hard for the Twins.
4. Texas over Baltimore. The Orioles have been so good over 162 games but playing a seven game series tends to even things out. The Rangers shouldn't win but I think they can. I'll pulling for the Orioles, though.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Braves, Dodgers, Astros, Orioles
There's no basement in the Alamo.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Javy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:45 pm Blue Jays over Twins (pulling for Minny, but they just don't win in the post-season)
Rangers over Rays (pulling for Texas, but both teams starting pitching staffs are shredded so anything is possible

D'Backs over Brewers (I don't get how the Brew Crew stayed in this the whole year, plus I can't stand them)
Phillies over Miami ( I really enjoy watching Stott, Bohm, Harper, Marsh, Rojas and Turner - the rest can suck rocks)
You the man Javy!!!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:44 am Phillies complete the sweep. Here are the standings so far:
Surg 1-3
Doc 1-3
Javy 3-1
Possum 1-3
Champs 1-3
Wizard 1-3
Bobster 1-3
I guess I am an Orphan. My picks were not listed. For the record I am 1-3
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

phillies/Braves - Hate em both but despise Philly the most. phillies win just to piss me off more.

Arizona over Dodgers

Houston over Twins (go Twins)

Orioles over Texas
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Doc wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:13 am 1. Atlanta over Philadelphia. The Phillies starters will have to pitch out of their minds. That Braves line-up has to be one of the best in history. I can't believe I'm saying this having grown up hating the Phils but I think I might be pulling for them.
2. Los Angeles over Arizona. While the Dodgers line-up is also really good, I won't be surprised if the D'Backs outlast them. I've always been a Dodgers fan because they've always had an organization that's done it right so I'll be pulling for them.
3. Houston over Minnesota. I despise the Astros so I'll be rooting hard for the Twins.
4. Texas over Baltimore. The Orioles have been so good over 162 games but playing a seven game series tends to even things out. The Rangers shouldn't win but I think they can. I'll pulling for the Orioles, though.
Guy on MLB channel was comparing the Braves to the Yankee teams of way back.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Here are my picks. Hopefully someone will count them
Atlanta over Phillies (please)
LA over Arizona
Houston over Twins
Rangers over Orioles. ( Hedges will be the difference :lol:)