Official Game Thread - 9/12 - Bucs vs Nats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/12 - Bucs vs Nats

Post by Bobster »

Initially, I was not impressed with Borucki. He was scored upon in 5 of his first 11 games this season. But since then, he has become very effective.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Terrific job by the pitching staff tonight, one run on six hits. Falter in particular was really good. Just one mistake in his six innings.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:01 am Initially, I was not impressed with Borucki. He was scored upon in 5 of his first 11 games this season. But since then, he has become very effective.
Yep. He’s been given an opportunity and he’s run with it.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Bobster wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:38 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:52 pm
Possum wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:42 pm

Exactly Doc, but Triolo has no adequate power to play a corner infield spot.
Then why would they say they want to take a look at him at 1B? I’m okay with it if he can contribute but, if they don’t think he has the bat for either 1B or 3B, why would they even bother with him at all? It just seems like they neither have a plan nor know what they’re doing with some of these players.
That concerns me too. They don't seem to know what to do with Davis, Gonzales, Trilo and even Andujar. Peguero is a SS but usually plays 2B so that Williams, who would seem to have no future with the team, plays SS. Rivas doesn't look like a keeper but plays a lot. Capra takes up space for no apparent reason. The organization banks on player development for any chance of future success. But their handling of players does not inspire confidence.
yeah, its like they have already decided that Peguero can't play short and they don't want to see how Williams can do at second (if he has to be in the line up).
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Bucs been playing good since Andujar joined the team. He brought some swag. :ugeek:

Now bring Gonzales back up. Let Davis stew a bit he can use the AAA experience.