Andujar Is Returning

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Andujar Is Returning

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I agree about giving him one more shot. He has really been tearing up AAA pitching.
If he doesn't do well this time around it's time to say good bye.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I agree with him getting one more shot. He has been tearing up
AAA pitching. If he doesn't cut it this time around, it's time to
say good bye
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Osushawn wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:19 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:02 pm I'd like everyone to agree to this.

If Andujar is indeed on his way back, and if he turns out to be the same guy that he was the last time, no one ever asks for him to "get another chance" if he stays in the organization next season but isn't on the 40 man and once again tears it up in AAA.

Here's to his success. May he be what he has been in AAA, and finally succeed.

Amen.
Absolutely agree to this. This is his last shot in a Prate uniform. Lets hope he makes the best of it!
It depends on how many starts he gets in Sept. if he is only starting 2 times a week, that is not enough. Also he needs to be playing 1B. Conner Joe and Rivas are not the answers and he should not be taking time away from Davis in RF.
He needs a good Sept, a good Spring Training and a good start in the 2024 season to claim a spot on the 26 man roster or 40 man roster.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:36 pm
Osushawn wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:19 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:02 pm I'd like everyone to agree to this.

If Andujar is indeed on his way back, and if he turns out to be the same guy that he was the last time, no one ever asks for him to "get another chance" if he stays in the organization next season but isn't on the 40 man and once again tears it up in AAA.

Here's to his success. May he be what he has been in AAA, and finally succeed.

Amen.
Absolutely agree to this. This is his last shot in a Prate uniform. Lets hope he makes the best of it!
It depends on how many starts he gets in Sept. if he is only starting 2 times a week, that is not enough. Also he needs to be playing 1B. Conner Joe and Rivas are not the answers and he should not be taking time away from Davis in RF.
He needs a good Sept, a good Spring Training and a good start in the 2024 season to claim a spot on the 26 man roster or 40 man roster.
He will definitely need a good September because if he doesn’t he will probably be taken off the 40 man roster, and be exposed to the Rule 5 Draft in December. I like his bat, but he appears to not be the best defensive player. He could DH, but what happens if Cutch returns in 2024. It is just my opinion, but it seems there is going to be a roster crunch with players like Joe, Palacios, Andujar as well as Cutch.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

As well as Cruz, Puegero., Triolo, Gonzales and Mercano. Won't even mention Williams and Capra
Markson33

Post by Markson33 »

Andujar needs to get more than the 31 miscellaneous AB he got last time. Its tough for a guy to do much when you play every third day and pitch hit here and there. Give him 200 AB and lets see what he can do. The only time he got that kind of playing time was in 2018 when he hit 27 HR and had an .855 OPS.

Why don't they try him at 1B?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Markson33 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:18 pm Andujar needs to get more than the 31 miscellaneous AB he got last time. Its tough for a guy to do much when you play every third day and pitch hit here and there. Give him 200 AB and lets see what he can do. The only time he got that kind of playing time was in 2018 when he hit 27 HR and had an .855 OPS.

Why don't they try him at 1B?
he has played 34 games at first in Indy this year so maybe he will get a chance there. He isn't a great outfielder so why not?
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Apparently they want to give Triolo a shot there first!