Davis to 10-day DL

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Davis to 10-day DL

Post by Possum »

93.7 the Fan is reporting on their pregame show that Davis has a hand injury. :cry:
Let's Go Bucs
PooperScooper !

Re: Davis to 10-day DL

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Lots of crying in those hands put a strain on them. :)
Possum

Post by Possum »

Let's Go Bucs
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am sure the Pirates will want to play Davis in some games before the season ends in a few weeks, but I wonder who they will remove from the 28 man roster when he returns. I would doubt they would send Palacios or Andujar back to Indy. They could remove a pitcher, but I would think they need all the pitchers they have on the current roster, since they have been using the Opener quite often. Maybe they will return Williams back to AAA.
Doc

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:32 am I am sure the Pirates will want to play Davis in some games before the season ends in a few weeks, but I wonder who they will remove from the 28 man roster when he returns. I would doubt they would send Palacios or Andujar back to Indy. They could remove a pitcher, but I would think they need all the pitchers they have on the current roster, since they have been using the Opener quite often. Maybe they will return Williams back to AAA.
Return both Williams and Capra (or just release them altogether), activate Davis, and bring back Nick Gonzales. Why Williams and Capra are getting at bats instead of Gonzales is nuts.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Doc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:38 am
fjk090852-7 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:32 am I am sure the Pirates will want to play Davis in some games before the season ends in a few weeks, but I wonder who they will remove from the 28 man roster when he returns. I would doubt they would send Palacios or Andujar back to Indy. They could remove a pitcher, but I would think they need all the pitchers they have on the current roster, since they have been using the Opener quite often. Maybe they will return Williams back to AAA.
Return both Williams and Capra (or just release them altogether), activate Davis, and bring back Nick Gonzales. Why Williams and Capra are getting at bats instead of Gonzales is nuts.
Thanks I forgot about Capra. He would be a good player to move. I too wonder why Gonzales has remained at Indy.
Doc

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:50 am
Doc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:38 am
Thanks I forgot about Capra. He would be a good player to move. I too wonder why Gonzales has remained at Indy.
It's perplexing to say the least. Usually #1 draft choices are given a lot of opportunity. It's curious as to why he seems to be on the outside.