Another Tank job ?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Another Tank job ?

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

In todays PG, Joe Starkey has an article suggesting the Bucs would
be wise to do what he calls a Mini Tank Job. He says why not. The top 5
qualify. Right now the Bucs are 6thr. He explains the % in the article. He said shut down
Keller and Oviedo and maybe even Bednar. He said make sure Suwinski is in the lineup
everyday. Wouldn't put it past them. Maybe even sign VanMeter for the last month of the season :lol: :lol:
Surgnbuck

Re: Another Tank job ?

Post by Surgnbuck »

anything anyone says that has anything to do with 93.7 can go stick their heads in the sand
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

remember that I live in Jerseyn and don't even know what 93.7 is. All
I know is that apersons normal temp. is 98.6 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Sorry, thought you might be on the audacy app, you did reference the PG, which I don't get. I don't get any paper for that matter. Starkey is a regular contributor on 93.7 The Fan, the local sports talk radio station.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I would go grab Mike Cleavinger from the WS, only $12mil next season. If the guy can stay healthy he is solid.

Pirates need Omar Kahn to run their front office. DO SOMETHING :cry:

Free Andujar !!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

No worries Surg!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

How about the Angels, Yankees, White Sox? All of them salary dumping veterans to waivers, simply manipulating the system the Angels are in particular.

MLB is such a joke that these teams can drive up salaries, then dump guys when it doesn't go their way. That's the part of the game I can't stand. They already have revenue advantages. But if their team doesn't win the game they have rigged for them, they can simply just dump away.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:59 am How about the Angels, Yankees, White Sox? All of them salary dumping veterans to waivers, simply manipulating the system the Angels are in particular.

MLB is such a joke that these teams can drive up salaries, then dump guys when it doesn't go their way. That's the part of the game I can't stand. They already have revenue advantages. But if their team doesn't win the game they have rigged for them, they can simply just dump away.
While much of the blame for the Pirates miseries lies at the feet of Nutting, the major reason the team has virtually no chance of ever winning a World Series is because baseball wants the large market teams to be in the playoffs. Revenues obviously increase when that happens. Only when the owners require that all 30 teams must spend equally will the dumping you point out end. And better yet, all the teams will then have a chance to win.
Possum

Post by Possum »

MLB needs a salary cap like the NFL and the NHL. No way that would happen because the MBBPA would not settle for that idea.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:29 pm MLB needs a salary cap like the NFL and the NHL. No way that would happen because the MBBPA would not settle for that idea.
A cap wouldn’t help the Pirates, Possum, because Nutting would never spend anywhere up to it anyway. Theoretically, a cap would make more players available, but he’d have little interest in signing any of them, just like now. He’d continue to spend at his current low level because there would be no penalty. What baseball needs is a salary floor. Nutting would then be forced to spend upwards to a certain level. He’d either have to comply or sell the franchise.