Paul Skenes watch

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Paul Skenes watch

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Good article about him in today's PG both as a pitcher and a human being.
One more start at Bradenton and seems he will be going to Altoona in a week or so.
Would love to see him up here in late Sept. I am sure it would be at PNC. Sellout!!
Doc

Re: Paul Skenes watch

Post by Doc »

He had another good inning of work last night in Bradenton, striking out two and having the third out come by way of a caught stealing. He did surrender his first hit, a clean single to center. Just like in his first outing, he threw mostly strikes, but he did add in a few more breaking balls. Sounds like they're going to move him up a level for his next start and have him go two innings.

They're taking their time with him, which is fine since he hadn't pitched competitively for a month and a half. There's still plenty of time this season, plus the Arizona Fall League, for him to stretch out. It's almost like he's going through a Spring Training-type progression with the amount of work he's getting. Perhaps by the end of September, he'll be up to five innings. Then they'll put him on a regular winter throwing program and he'll be all set for next February.

If he's ready, I'd definitely start him on the major league club next Opening Day. He's only going to be here for five plus years. I say get every bit out of him while he's young and in his prime years, and especially while the other young, future core players have now arrived, with more just a year or two away.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

It was announced tonight that Pauyl Skenes has been
sent up to Altoona and will pitch on Saturday. Wow, that was fast.
Anticipating a sellout.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:40 am It was announced tonight that Pauyl Skenes has been
sent up to Altoona and will pitch on Saturday. Wow, that was fast.
Anticipating a sellout.
If Skenes remains with Altoona after his start this weekend, the Curve goes on the road next week to Erie to play the Seawolves. Could be a shorter trip for some to drive to Erie than to Altoona to see him pitch a couple innings.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Just announced during the Bucs-Cards game that Saturdays game in Altoona
is already sold out. Place holds about 5400 not counting standing room
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:34 am Just announced during the Bucs-Cards game that Saturdays game in Altoona
He's only been pitching 1-2 innings. I wonder how many innings those Altoona fans will get to see him pitch.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:38 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:34 am Just announced during the Bucs-Cards game that Saturdays game in Altoona
He's only been pitching 1-2 innings. I wonder how many innings those Altoona fans will get to see him pitch.
I wouldn’t expect more than three innings, maybe a fourth if he’s thrown less than 30 pitches through those three innings.
Possum

Post by Possum »

People said that if the Bucs did not handle Skenes right he could end up like Stephen Strasburg of the Nationals. Strausburg just announced his retirement today per MLBTRs.
Let's Go Bucs
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Can`t wait to watch it. He is ready !!!!