Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 8/16 - Bucs @ Mets

Post by Doc »

Rivas strikes out. One down.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Davis pinch hits and draws a walk. Good at bat.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hayes flies out. Bucs down to their final out.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Reynolds ends it with a ground out. Bucs drop the series to the lowly Mes.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:57 pm Brown hasn't seen "Barbie" yet. Capps thinks it's great.
Seriously, they’re talking about a non-baseball related movie during a baseball game? :shock: This is why I have no regrets about not listening to the broadcasts.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I was hoping that the Pirates wouldn't lose 90.This series was disappointing. Brownie said the Mets bullpen had a ERA
over 8. Doesn't say much for the bucs offense. Would have lost last night if it wasn't for 10 walks, hit batsmen, etc. Now
90 losses seems a sure thing.
BTW- Alvarez, the Mets catcher, caught all 3 games. Just saying
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:11 pm
Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:57 pm Brown hasn't seen "Barbie" yet. Capps thinks it's great.
Seriously, they’re talking about a non-baseball related movie during a baseball game? :shock: This is why I have no regrets about not listening to the broadcasts.
They also talked about food and wearing suspenders. Whatever they could think of. And we were treated to countless camera shots of them talking to one another, and of course laughing. I initially liked Capps. But he now thinks his job is to engage in conversation about everything and anything throughout the game. He learned that from Joe Block. And he wants to be funny. He learned that from Brown and Walk. I guess this is what the Pirates want from their announcers. They seem to be marketing the broadcast toward casual fans who aren't that interested in the game and want to be entertained by the announcers. But I think the vast majority of the fans who actually devote the time to watch the game really want to watch the game and don't want to be annoyed by the announcers who try to be the entertainment.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Possum

Post by Possum »

I'm so glad I spent the afternoon with my wife, daughter, and granddaughter rather than bother much with the game. I wonder if my daughter (43) and granddaughter ever be able to see a WS-winning team. :( :( :( :(
Let's Go Bucs
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Guess I didn`t miss anything. Cutch hasn`t done much of late to be batting 3rd. But who has or can ? Options at this point are zero :D

lol, it so bad
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:52 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:11 pm
They also talked about food and wearing suspenders. Whatever they could think of. And we were treated to countless camera shots of them talking to one another, and of course laughing. I initially liked Capps. But he now thinks his job is to engage in conversation about everything and anything throughout the game. He learned that from Joe Block. And he wants to be funny. He learned that from Brown and Walk. I guess this is what the Pirates want from their announcers. They seem to be marketing the broadcast toward casual fans who aren't that interested in the game and want to be entertained by the announcers. But I think the vast majority of the fans who actually devote the time to watch the game really want to watch the game and don't want to be annoyed by the announcers who try to be the entertainment.
It’s sad it’s come to this. Listening to a good baseball broadcast is a treat. I hope someday I’ll listen to one done by a Pirates broadcaster.