Bobster

Priester to Indy

Post by Bobster »

Yohan Ramirez recalled.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Javy

Re: Priester to Indy

Post by Javy »

Thought we had a pretty good discussion on yesterdays game day thread, but it's a moot point now.
Hope he works out his issues in Indy and gets back up before the end of the year.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Javy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:18 pm Thought we had a pretty good discussion on yesterdays game day thread, but it's a moot point now.
Hope he works out his issues in Indy and gets back up before the end of the year.
He's been counted on to become a key member of the rotation. So he must have a lot more ability than what he showed in those 6 bad starts. Let's hope he gets straightened out and returns a much better pitcher next year.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I think it is a good move. He certainly wasn't ready.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:25 pm
Javy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:18 pm Thought we had a pretty good discussion on yesterdays game day thread, but it's a moot point now.
He's been counted on to become a key member of the rotation. So he must have a lot more ability than what he showed in those 6 bad starts. Let's hope he gets straightened out and returns a much better pitcher next year.
What surprised me about him was that he didn't seem to throw the ball above 94 mph. I thought he threw harder. If he's going to sit at that speed, he better be able to paint the black at the knees with his fastball. Then he needs to throw a breaking pitch in the mid 80s, along with an effective change-up. Otherwise, his stay in Indy will be like the hair in my ears: longer and longer.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

They were talking about that on the pregame radio show yesterday, saying his FB was going from 96 or so down to about 92 during his time here. That doesn't sound great to me.