Orioles suspend PBP announcer for...well...just because.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Orioles suspend PBP announcer for...well...just because.

Post by Bobster »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1688634791573262336

The Orioles indefinitely suspended PBP announcer Kevin Brown for pointing out in pregame remarks that the Orioles had not won a series in Tampa since 2017. I guess the truth hurts. But now I'm jealous. Why can't Brown and Block be suspended? :D
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Re: Orioles suspend PBP announcer for...well...just because.

Post by Doc »

That’s ridiculous. It’s an announcer’s obligation to tell the listeners correct information. Why would the Orioles’ brass care about a fact such as that anyway? It’s not uncommon for teams to struggle against certain opponents in road ballparks. Talk about thin-skinned. They’re having a great season. Lighten up.
Javy

Post by Javy »

The kicker was, the PR staff made up the presentation complete with a chart showing how well they did this year as opposed to the other years. Why didn't the whole production team get suspended?

The primary owner, John Angelos, dictated the suspension. What a horse's patoot he is. The Orioles organization deserves the shellacking they are taking over this. What a way to dampen the enthusiasm of the team that has been generated so far.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

that is what gets me, it was made to show how much the O's have improved. It wasn't a negative comment at all. The O's ownership deserve heat for this and Kevin Brown needs to get a new job next year (Block replacement?)