Bobster

Re: Bye Bye Castro

Post by Bobster »

So when Castro faltered, they traded him for Falter. :lol:
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Really glad to see this. He’s been bypassed by others and, if he had stayed, he’d have just cost those better than him to lose playing time. Good move, BC.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Yeah, thanks Doc!

Now I get to see him on a daily basis. They are already talking about working him in the OF to get his bat in the line-up.

On the other hand, you get to see Bailey Falter pitch. He's a #5 at best, but can give you some good outings here and there. He likely won't be any better than Hill was. He was good down the stretch last year as the Phillies made their move. Then they forgot about him in the post-season.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Javy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:56 pm Yeah, thanks Doc!

Now I get to see him on a daily basis. They are already talking about working him in the OF to get his bat in the line-up.

On the other hand, you get to see Bailey Falter pitch. He's a #5 at best, but can give you some good outings here and there. He likely won't be any better than Hill was. He was good down the stretch last year as the Phillies made their move. Then they forgot about him in the post-season.
Wait, what?!? They want to get Casto’s bat in the line-up? Wow, that’s a head-scratcher.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Doc wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Wait, what?!? They want to get Casto’s bat in the line-up? Wow, that’s a head-scratcher.
well, they have Schwarber hitting .180 as a lead-off hitter, Castellanos is in a slump, Turner has been in one all year, Harpers power is missing, and Realmuto is having an off-year. They were looking for a right-handed power bat at the deadline and I guess they found him!
(Rumor out here is they were contacted by a Pirates Insider who claimed castro is a hidden gem) That wasn't you was it?
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Will the Phillies provide Castro with a phone?
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Bobster wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:45 pm Will the Phillies provide Castro with a phone?
yeah - they have red & white striped ones!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Javy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:08 pm

well, they have Schwarber hitting .180 as a lead-off hitter, Castellanos is in a slump, Turner has been in one all year, Harpers power is missing, and Realmuto is having an off-year. They were looking for a right-handed power bat at the deadline and I guess they found him!
(Rumor out here is they were contacted by a Pirates Insider who claimed castro is a hidden gem) That wasn't you was it?
You caught me. My handle on the OnlyPhillies website, which club management reads religiously, is HiddenGemFan.
Javy

Post by Javy »

Doc wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:27 pm
Javy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:08 pm

You caught me. My handle on the OnlyPhillies website, which club management reads religiously, is HiddenGemFan.
Your secret is safe with me!