Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 6/5 - Bucs vs Marlins

Post by Surgnbuck »

RAISE THE JOLLY ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFqqWFa-11o" style="border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%">
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Stallings is CLUTCH!

Root root root for our home team [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFqqWFa-11o" style="border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%">
Great win- team doesn't quit
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

"Why has this bullpen been so good?"

ummmm.....getting people out?

bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

BUCS BABY!!!!!

Tied our longest win streak of the year! Break it tomorrow boys!!

SOG: Oh wait children have been put in the corner:(
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Pirates score eight runs on seven hits. The Marlins aren't good.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5A7B735A71791E0 wrote: Oh no, it looks like McKenry is doing the color with Brownie.

I'd rather listen to Blockhead & anyone else than McKenry.

I hear ya. I made it thru the entire game but will unblock Block tomorrow because I can't take another inning of McKenry. Tonight he prefaced his comments to Greg Brown by saying "Brownie" 93 times. NINETY-THREE TIMES!!!! And that's not counting another 11 times he prefaced them with the whole name, "Greg Brown." He sucked up to Brown the entire game, constantly encouraging Brown to come up with more and more nicknames. Brown is good when describing the PBP action but his obsession with nicknames is distracting and annoying. The last thing we need is McKenry encouraging him to do more of it. I guess it's because the Pirates have been so bad for so long that the announcers think they have to be funny, cute and entertaining to hold their audience. But they manage to make wins even less enjoyable. Listening to the nonstop banter between "Brownie" and "Fort" tonight was excruciating, even though it was a win. >:(
shedman

Post by shedman »

33243222676166606668510 wrote: BUCS BABY!!!!!

Tied our longest win streak of the year! Break it tomorrow boys!!

SOG: Oh wait children have been put in the corner:(
_______
Maybe Greenweenie was right.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Another nice win for the Pirates in this game last night which was just crazy. Boy does having Hayes back in this lineup make it so much better and just overall more exciting to watch this team. I figured things would get somewhat better with this team these past two weekends with both the Rockies and Marlins on the schedule. They should have swept the Rockies last weekend so hopefully today they can finish off the 4 game sweep of a struggling Marlins team before the Dodgers come in. This team still isn’t anything special or great but I will say it again they aren’t bad enough to lose 120 games like so many people wanted to predict. They would have to go 19-86 the remaining 105 games to do that and that’s not gonna happen. I said 54-108 which at this point would take a 31-74 finish which I think they will be able to do as well. Let’s keep it rolling today though and finish off this series sweep of the Fish.