Colin Moran

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

Colin Moran

Post by OrlandoMerced »

72404C4C586A49404D484740210 wrote: Yeah, everything I've read has been glowing.

I was unimpressed with Hayes after his meh year in Bradenton, but he improved in the exact areas where he needed to in order to break through as a prospect.

In somewhat related good news, Cole Tucker has been about a .750 player the past two months. His star faded a lot with his prolonged slump in April and May. He just turned 22 and could make the jump to AAA next year and make Newman expendable in trade.
OrlandoMerced

Colin Moran

Post by OrlandoMerced »

0022312C2F2A2D22013620202C430 wrote: I just don't know what to believe any more regarding these minor league reports on our prospects.

* Polanco was going to be an elite defender. That turned out to be laughable.

* Glasnow was going to be a shutdown No. 1 starter.

So when I read that Hayes is a great defender, for example, I don't really buy it. He'll have to get here and prove it.

There were always concerns that Glasnow would be relegated to a bullpen role. He flashed tantalizing upside, but always have control and command concerns.
Bobster21

Colin Moran

Post by Bobster21 »

5173607D7E7B7C73506771717D120 wrote: I just don't know what to believe any more regarding these minor league reports on our prospects.

So when I read that Hayes is a great defender, for example, I don't really buy it. He'll have to get here and prove it.
This goes hand in hand with the distrust fans have for TBMTIB. We have been told we can look to a promising future for the team as they build from within. So they have to hype the prospects to give fans that hope that better times are around the corner. And of course those better times have been redefined as 78-82 wins. Other than McCutchen, not a single prospect has come thru the system or been obtained who is truly an elite player for the Pirates. Marte shows flashes but he's not there yet if ever. Cole had to go to Houston to pitch like TBMTIB told us he could. Taillon hasn't lived up to the hype. Nor Glasnow. There's hope for Polanco. Finally. But we need a few (at least one) current minor league prospect to become a true star player for the Pirates. So that the next time TBMTIB hypes a player, we aren't inclined to disbelieve them.
SammyKhalifa

Colin Moran

Post by SammyKhalifa »

527F72636475622221100 wrote: I just don't know what to believe any more regarding these minor league reports on our prospects.

This goes hand in hand with the distrust fans have for TBMTIB. We have been told we can look to a promising future for the team as they build from within. So they have to hype the prospects to give fans that hope that better times are around the corner. And of course those better times have been redefined as 78-82 wins. Other than McCutchen, not a single prospect has come thru the system or been obtained who is truly an elite player for the Pirates. Marte shows flashes but he's not there yet if ever. Cole had to go to Houston to pitch like TBMTIB told us he could. Taillon hasn't lived up to the hype. Nor Glasnow. There's hope for Polanco. Finally. But we need a few (at least one) current minor league prospect to become a true star player for the Pirates. So that the next time TBMTIB hypes a player, we aren't inclined to disbelieve them.

Most of the praise for Glasnow wasn't coming from the Pirates. I mean, maybe they were behind a conspiracy to get every outlet to say nice things about him, I don't know.
RichD

Colin Moran

Post by RichD »

This has been bothering me .What is TBMTIB ? :-?
DemDog

Colin Moran

Post by DemDog »

5269636844000 wrote: This has been bothering me .What is TBMTIB ?  :-?

The Best Management Team In Baseball