Harrison Out for Season

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Bobster21 »

694F4E594F5F2C0 wrote:
The Bucs traded Liriano because they didn't want to pay him next year and take the chance he could rebound.  I don't want to take that money and gamble it on S-Rod.  I want them to spend it on someone who has a better track record.  I see no reason to think that this isn't his career year.
The problem there is that the Pirates will not pay market value for performance. So they restrict themselves to spending less than market value on under performing players in hopes of turning the player around. They aren't going to pay what it would take to acquire a player with a good track record unless that player's career has been on the downswing recently. It's a heck of a way to try to build a contender.
Ecbucs

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Ecbucs »

163B36272031266665540 wrote:
The Bucs traded Liriano because they didn't want to pay him next year and take the chance he could rebound.  I don't want to take that money and gamble it on S-Rod.  I want them to spend it on someone who has a better track record.  I see no reason to think that this isn't his career year.
The problem there is that the Pirates will not pay market value for performance. So they restrict themselves to spending less than market value on under performing players in hopes of turning the player around. They aren't going to pay what it would take to acquire a player with a good track record unless that player's career has been on the downswing recently. It's a heck of a way to try to build a contender.   

It is a heck of a way to build a contender and you can't find a champion in any sport that has been successful that way.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison Out for Season

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Liriano was awful this year. Awful. Why would they want to pay him any more? He was awful. Awful.

People don't want any "reclamation projects" next year because it didn't work this year. Yet, Liriano's name is still being brought up? He was awful. Awful.
Ecbucs

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Ecbucs »

5259515D5859420701764F575E5959185559360 wrote: Liriano was awful this year. Awful. Why would they want to pay him any more? He was awful. Awful.

People don't want any "reclamation projects" next year because it didn't work this year. Yet, Liriano's name is still being brought up? He was awful. Awful.

He was awful before the Bucs signed him the first time as was Volquez and Burnett was awful his last year with Yankees. However I agree and don't want the Bucs to sign a reclamation project for next year but to acquire someone who has been good and is likely to stay good for awhile. That will require a trade.

I have changed my mind on S-Rod, sign him now for the next couple years for 12 million total.
Osushawn

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Osushawn »

1B3D3C2B3D2D5E0 wrote: Liriano was awful this year. Awful. Why would they want to pay him any more? He was awful. Awful.

He was awful before the Bucs signed him the first time as was Volquez and Burnett was awful his last year with Yankees.  However I agree and don't want the Bucs to sign a reclamation project for next year but to acquire someone who has been good and is likely to stay good for awhile. That will require a trade.

I have changed my mind on S-Rod, sign him now for the next couple years for 12 million total.

I agree. What is it goint to hurt? Even if he were to regress from this years stats, he would still be better offensively than harrison.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison Out for Season

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Rodriguez hit another one. Tough decision on him for next year.

I'm all for playing the hit bat.