5/31 Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/31 Game Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Vasquez just gave up five runs with a three run lead. Five runs. Four blown saves in a row? Get his sister in town to help him.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/31 Game Thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Release him. Just release Vazquez. How many blown games does it take? He’s personally sinking the season.

He’s a faker. Holding his arm after the last blown save. Nothing wrong. Get him out of here.
skinnyhorse

5/31 Game Thread

Post by skinnyhorse »

The guy is a head case you don't just wake up one day and change your name. How can anyone be allowed to blow 4 games with huge leads and go pick up their check. I'll bet he'll have no problem doing that nor Hurdle nor Huntington. This season is down the drain just can't watch this crap.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/31 Game Thread

Bad defense in the 9th. Rodriguez with a rare error. Dickerson throwing home instead of third.

Who else can close games? This isn't like last year with Watson or Rivero. If Vasquez fails, they are in trouble.
SCBucco

5/31 Game Thread

Post by SCBucco »

I saw this coming. Only Pittsburgh can do this. After a great season a year ago, they sign him to an extension and announce it the day of Cutch deal. Sounded like a great deal at the time. Now ... looks questionable.

I would see if Rodriguez can handle closing for a while. Feliz is hit or miss. Crick seems to be pitching well, but not sure I'd pull the trigger on him closing.
CarolinaBucco

5/31 Game Thread

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I hate to say it, but I think that concludes the season.

A 4-game sweep in STL this weekend is now GUARANTEED.

We are now entering crash and burn mode.

Just a pathetic, inexcusable loss.

Come from 4-0 down and fight all the way back to an 8-5 lead.

And OF COURSE we give up 5 in the 9th.

As soon as the Cards led off the 9th with a double I knew the game was over.

Same for the season.
skinnyhorse

5/31 Game Thread

Post by skinnyhorse »

555E565A5F5E450006714850595E5E1F525E310 wrote: Bad defense in the 9th. Rodriguez with a rare error. Dickerson throwing home instead of third.

Who else can close games? This isn't like last year with Watson or Rivero. If Vasquez fails, they are in trouble.
Not sure what the if he fails means, he's totally failed, no question who in their right mind would bring this guy in to close a game. Ooooooooo wait CH.
JollyRoger

5/31 Game Thread

Post by JollyRoger »

Sick to my stomach over this loss.
Vazquez looked bad Sunday. Loss of velocity and control.
Rebounded yesterday throwing over 100 mph and nailing down the win. Tonight loss of velocity, control and he gets smoked.
We are in big trouble if Vazquez is not dominating.
Right now there is no one in the bullpen I trust to consistently get outs. We need our starters to throw 7 quality innings
SCBucco

5/31 Game Thread

Post by SCBucco »

4D686B6B7E5568606275070 wrote: Sick to my stomach over this loss.
Vazquez looked bad Sunday. Loss of velocity and control.
Rebounded yesterday throwing over 100 mph and nailing down the win. Tonight loss of velocity, control and he gets smoked.
We are in big trouble if Vazquez is not dominating.
Right now there is no one in the bullpen I trust to consistently get outs. We need our starters to throw 7 quality innings

Crick and Rodriguez are the lone two I have some degree of faith in out of the pen.

Problem is this starting rotation isn't equipped to have multiple dudes go 7. Nova? Nope. Kuhl? Nope. Williams right now? Nope. Tallion is capable, but hasn't done it since that complete game shutout earlier this year. Maybe Musgrove.

We don't have an innings eater at all. Management needed to go out and get one of those in the offseason and failed miserably.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/31 Game Thread

61797B7C7C6B7A7D606177120 wrote: Bad defense in the 9th. Rodriguez with a rare error. Dickerson throwing home instead of third.

Not sure what the if he fails means, he's totally failed, no question who in their right mind would bring this guy in to close a game.  Ooooooooo wait CH. 

Lately, he has failed. Who are you using to Close games?