Game Thread 5-29-18

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Kovalwat

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by Kovalwat »

We go to the bottom oh the 5th, 3-2 Bucs.
Kovalwat

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by Kovalwat »

Meadows puts it in the seats, 4-2 Bucs. :)
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Austin Meadows! It would be huge if he can be a star right out of the box.
Bobster21

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by Bobster21 »

Yeah. Meadows needs to sit for Polanco. ;D
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 5-29-18

Surprised by Brownie’s comments about the home plate and 2nd base rules.  He’s adamant that the rules should not have been messed with.  Let the game police itself. 

I remember when Jung Ho went down.  Greg was furious. I didn’t hear his call yesterday on the play at home, but I would be surprised if he thought the slide was a good play.

Steve Blass was ambivalent yesterday and Joe Block lit into Him.  I can’t imagine Greg being ambivalent but based on his comments tonight, I’m surprised.
Kovalwat

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by Kovalwat »

Lester with another hit. 4-3 Bucs. :o
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 5-29-18

Glasnow coming in, in a high leverage situation.

The next step....
Bobster21

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by Bobster21 »

3D3A2C242A3D7A760F28222E2623612C20224F0 wrote: Surprised by Brownie’s comments about the home plate and 2nd base rules.  He’s adamant that the rules should not have been messed with.  Let the game police itself. 

I remember when Jung Ho went down.  Greg was furious. I didn’t hear his call yesterday on the play at home, but I would be surprised if he thought the slide was a good play.

Steve Blass was ambivalent yesterday and Joe Block lit into Him.  I can’t imagine Greg being ambivalent but based on his comments tonight, I’m surprised.
I believe Brown was saying that the recent rules were clearly violated in the instances of Kang and Diaz. But his preference is that these new rules had never been enacted. I don't see that as a contradiction. He doesn't like the rules but as long as the rules are in place, he doesn't want to see the Pirates disadvantaged by not enforcing them.
rucker59@gmail.com

Game Thread 5-29-18

654845545342551516270 wrote: Surprised by Brownie’s comments about the home plate and 2nd base rules.  He’s adamant that the rules should not have been messed with.  Let the game police itself. 

I believe Brown was saying that the recent rules were clearly violated in the instances of Kang and Diaz. But his preference is that these new rules had never been enacted. I don't see that as a contradiction. He doesn't like the rules but as long as the rules are in place, he doesn't want to see the Pirates disadvantaged by not enforcing them.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.
Kovalwat

Game Thread 5-29-18

Post by Kovalwat »

Mercer with extra bases.