Two down.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 7/12 - Bucs @ Marlins

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Tying run reaches.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Bednar ends it with a strike out. RTJR! Bucs win the first two in the series.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Raise it!!!!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

for the 4th time in a row- Raise It!

Played very good baseball in this game

Getting it done even though

some guys just aren't hitting

Suwinski 0 for his last 25

Chavis 3 for his last 24
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates are 9-3 when Cruz has an RBI
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I know the Bucs won this game and that's great. The bullpen pitched well and it was really encouraging to see Peters back on the mound.

That said, what I don't understand is the club's decision to send Wilson down after his last start. Wilson is no great shakes, but he has held his own in his last two starts, and also seemed to be pitching okay at AAA. The Bucs will need a fifth starter one more time before the all-star break and I question if it is a good idea to go with a bullpen game in back-to-back rotation turns. Also, with Peters, Stratton, and Beede all throwing at least 2 innings tonight, the pen for tomorrows game will center on Underwood, Banuelos, DeJong, and DeLosSantos. Not too bad, provided the starter (Brubaker I believe) can go at least 5 and preferably 6.

With respect to the catching, if I were Perez, I would be getting a bit nervous. Perez has the advantage of being a lefty and having occasional power, but the other 2 guys appear to me to be better defensively.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

79555D5A5176415747340 wrote: I know the Bucs won this game and that's great.  The bullpen pitched well and it was really encouraging to see Peters back on the mound.

That said, what I don't understand is the club's decision to send Wilson down after his last start.  Wilson is no great shakes, but he has held his own in his last two starts, and also seemed to be pitching okay at AAA.  The Bucs will need a fifth starter one more time before the all-star break and I question if it is a good idea to go with a bullpen game in back-to-back rotation turns.  Also, with Peters, Stratton, and Beede all throwing at least 2 innings tonight, the pen for tomorrows game will center on Underwood, Banuelos, DeJong, and DeLosSantos.  Not too bad, provided the starter (Brubaker I believe) can go at least 5 and preferably 6.

With respect to the catching, if I were Perez, I would be getting a bit nervous.  Perez has the advantage of being a lefty and having occasional power, but the other 2 guys appear to me to be better defensively. 

Reading your post Mainer and it hit me that now we have gotten some relief guys back, our bullpen is pretty good.

The jury is out on Baneulos, but DeJong has been very steady and Underwood is doing something different as he has been good since he came back.

Then you have DeLosSantos who just keeps getting better as he gets more MLB experience. Add those guys to the pitchers that went tonight and all in all it's a solid group.

I am a big Peters fan and really glad to have him back.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

4 in a row! Longest win streak of season!! Dare I dream 5??

Golfers, enjoy The Open!!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates didn’t win their 38th game last year until July 24th and also had 60 losses at that time as well while they sit on 50 losses at the moment with the 38 wins. So definite improvement from last year and you can clearly see the difference the young guys in the lineup are making. They have everything to do with the improved record from last year to this year.