Game Thread - 6/3 - vs. Diamondbacks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Summary of the game: Suwinski has 3 hits. Best not to look further.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4D73767E6D75757E5E7B6C7F281A0 wrote: It appears the bucs have some catching up to do

Yeah, but Cherington acquisition Jack Suwinski’s doing his part with three hits so far tonight. The man’s a genius.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

The Genius has a .378 winning percentage with the Pirates.  Good thing Shelty's been able to overcome him recently.

Here's to hoping that he can do it again tonight.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

At least with the loss we don't have to suffer thru a Robbie post game "What led to" question. So even a loss has a bright side.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Not only that, but the Nats have taken over as the Negative Differential leader. 

There are silver linings all through life.  All we need to do is look hard enough for them.

Or, just ask Surg!  ;) 
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Heineman almost made it to .200. With Suwinski's 3-4 night, that leaves the catcher (who I'm calling the starter right now) as the only regular below .200 now.

M. Perez and Heineman rank 55 and 56 among MLB catchers in AB's. Including those two, 23 of those 56 catchers are hitting below .200, and an additional 13 are hitting below .235, which I think is around the MLB average for batting averages right now. There are only 7 qualified (for batting title) catchers in all of MLB, and three of them are hitting below .200, and only Realmuto and Contreras hit about .235 (there's your NL catchers for the ASG!)

So we can complain about our catchers, but with the exception of J.T. and Wilson, our complaints will fall on deaf ears about how bad our catchers are.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I will say this for Brubaker last night, he battled. You could see from the outset he was going to get bombed by that left handed lineup, because most of his outs were fly balls, and a few of them had some starch in them.

But he only walked one guy. If there's a common theme amongst baseball fans, one would be don't walk guys, challenge them and if they hit it, they hit it.

I will say, of all those games we watched Shelton pull an effective starter early, tonight was the night to pull Brubaker early, even though he had a low pitch count. Whatever he was throwing, was not working tonight.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

It was great to see the boys never quit. When Reynolds singled to bring the tying run to the plate with no outs, there was a feeling the Pirates absolutely were going to get it done. I thought my call for a Vogie HR was going to be a game winning shot when Chavis hit his liner to right, but the ball hung up and quit slicing and the RF was able to snag it for the first out.

When you're in attendance and your team has a legit shot to win or tie it in the bottom of the 9th, at least you saw a pretty good effort from your team, they didn't roll over.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

The first ever drone show was pretty awesome. I had no clue what I would be seeing, and I wasn't disappointed. It wasn't very long, but Mister Man was impressed, said it was better than fireworks.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

For those people who were talking Reynolds getting 120 million dollars for 5 or 6 years, sorry to inform you, Yordan Alvarez just got a 6/115 deal from the Astros.

No way can Reynolds ask for that much, he's not in that league as far as production goes.