general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BellevueBuc

Crick Dfa

Post by BellevueBuc »

486568797E6F78383B0A0 wrote: Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

I could not stand seeing Crick enter games and walk batters with that slider that winds up 3 feet outside. The NH regime acted like Crick was an awesome talent with closer potential despite the fact that his minor and major league career has consistently demonstrated an inability to throw strikes. The BC regime had him in a setup role as if we had to ignore the fact that he was a walk machine. I'm glad that BC wised up and DFA'd him. Crick is not MLB material. Just as BC ran out of patience with Alford and Fowler, now he has run out of patience with Crick. Let's hope Tom and Polanco aren't far behind.   
I remember how surprised I was that a pitching strapped team like the Angels let Stratton go, and he's quietly been one of the most serviceable pickups the Pirates have obtained (a NH one at that for cash considerations). This guy they picked up hasn't pitched in the majors this year, and looking at his MLB stats, he's a walk machine too, 4.1 BB/9 innings in 132.2 MLB innings. Not as bad as Crick, who is at 5.1 BB/9 innings in 171.2 MLB innings. Peters is a lefty, which sends up a red flag to me that Shreve or Howard may be getting traded.  Here's hoping we get another fix it project from the Angels.
Crick's sad BB/9 rate of 7.0 is nearly matched by Howard (6.7). By comparison, Shreve's poor 4.5 rate looks good. And Holmes' 5.2 rate is very bad as well. Not to mention Kyle Keller at 7.9. What is it about Pirate relievers who never met a batter they didn't want to walk?

Not sure Peters is any better, but for a different reason. He looks like he is applying for a spot in the HR derby.
fjk090852-7

Crick Dfa

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Crick cleared outright waivers, and now the Bucs placed him on release waivers. In other words he is done with Pittsburgh.

Bobster21

Crick Dfa

Post by Bobster21 »

7D71702B222B232E29362C1B0 wrote: Crick cleared outright waivers, and now the Bucs placed him on release waivers. In other words he is done with Pittsburgh.
Per MLB waiver rules: Release waivers are often requested after a player's contract is designated for assignment or in cases when a veteran player would otherwise refuse an outright assignment.

I suspect Crick refused to be assigned to AAA.