hotels near PNC

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

hotels near PNC

Post by Ecbucs »

I know this has been posted before but what are hotels closest to PNC (within 15 minute walk).
SammyKhalifa

hotels near PNC

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Anything on The Point is very walkable. 

I live in the area so don't have much experience, but I did stay at the Omni William Penn and it was of course nice.  A visiting friend of mine really liked The Priory on the North Side, though I am not sure about walking to the park from there (not that it isn't possible I just don't know).

The very closest has to be the Renaissance Pittsburgh which is right next to the Clemente Bridge and is prominent in the Pittsburgh Skyline views you see from the park.

Ecbucs

hotels near PNC

Post by Ecbucs »

6C5E52524674575E5356595E3F0 wrote: Anything on The Point is very walkable. 

I live in the area so don't have much experience, but I did stay at the Omni William Penn and it was of course nice.  A visiting friend of mine really liked The Priory on the North Side, though I am not sure about walking to the park from there (not that it isn't possible I just don't know).

The very closest has to be the Renaissance Pittsburgh which is right next to the Clemente Bridge and is prominent in the Pittsburgh Skyline views you see from the park.

thanks!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

hotels near PNC

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

There are three hotels right next to the stadiums on the North Shore. Any hotels downtown are walkable.

Spring Hill Suites, Residence Inn, and Hyatt Place are all on the North Shore. You can see PNC Park from their entrances.
Ecbucs

hotels near PNC

Post by Ecbucs »

6368606C6968733630477E666F6868296468070 wrote: There are three hotels right next to the stadiums on the North Shore.  Any hotels downtown are walkable.

Spring Hill Suites, Residence Inn, and Hyatt Place are all on the North Shore. You can see PNC Park from their entrances. 

Thanks, a couple are sold out already, I guess a lot of Cardinal fans are coming in.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

hotels near PNC

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I live close to the city. There are a few Hotels on Banksville Road (right through the Fort Pitt Tunnel) that are rarely full (according to their vacancy signs I pass every day). I never understood why people don't stay there. They have to be cheaper and are like a five minute Uber / Yellow Cab ride into town.

But if you want the dining, bars, nightlife and not wanting to drive or catch a ride, stay in town. The city is so small that you can walk anywhere.

There is a new Hampton Inn in the Strip District that is close to the city too. That is probably the furthest walkable one around. Hope that helps.
SammyKhalifa

hotels near PNC

Post by SammyKhalifa »

There's station square too, which would be easy. Even if you didn't want to walk you could take the T.
Roberto218

hotels near PNC

Post by Roberto218 »

DogKnot3 nailed it. I have stayed at all three. There is also a Holiday Inn right on the north side. In downtown, I have stayed at the Wyndham as well.
Ecbucs

hotels near PNC

Post by Ecbucs »

ended up making a reservation at Embassy Suites for one night and will stay with my brother in Butler County a couple other nights.

Thanks for all the recommendations!
thessy

hotels near PNC

Post by thessy »

7F59584F59493A0 wrote: ended up making a reservation at Embassy Suites for one night and will stay with my brother in Butler County a couple other nights.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Where in Butler County?