Not that I'm bitter or anything ...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

This year all of the division winners (except the Cubs) won between 91-95 games. And each of those teams won their division handily, my a minimum of 4 games. The Indians won 94 games and won the division by 8 games.

Last year, the Pirates won an incredible 98 games, 2nd most in baseball. And what was their "reward"? ... 2nd place in the division, and a winner-take-call wild card game against a 97-win team and a starting pitcher who had just recorded the most dominant second half in the history of baseball. Literally.

Not that I'm bitter ...

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

My point is, last year the Pirates had a SUPERB team. I mean a really special team. 98 wins is incredible.

But I know I didn't appreciate enough because their luck was rotten and their timing was worse. Instead of truly enjoying it, we had to spend the entire pennant race worried about the stinkin' wild-card game.

Their one flaw was that they didn't have a totally dominant, No. 1 starter. It was not built for a 1-game series. But other than that, it was truly a great team. If that team had won the wild-card game somehow, there is NO DOUBT in my mind it was good enough to win the World Series. It's just a shame the way ended so abruptly.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

The thing that bothered me about 2015 is that they went 11-1 against the Mets and Dodgers, and then were required to fight their way out of the Central just to get another chance at them.

I've been a Pirate fan for 50 years, and 2015 was by far the most stressful. The way it was stacked with the Pirates between the Cubs and Cards was built for tension, and it just kept going like that for more than three months.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

And today's reality is that the Bucs will most likely have to win 100 games to compete with the Cubs year end and year out for the forseable future. Arrggggg....
Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

If you wanna be the man........ you gotta beat the man!!
RichD

Post by RichD »

I knew this was going to be a bad season. That`s why i was proposing all kinds of trades last off season .

They all started with Marte and they all were shot down at this forum. The trades were to get some Cleveland arms .Well Cleveland is in the playoffs.

We are middle of pack, back where we belong.

But i`m still a die hard fan. :P
RichD

Post by RichD »

All my off season trades will start again with Marte .

He will hit 270 next year just wait and see maybe 15 hr and play great D. Fine that great at the price we have him at . But he s not a leader i feel .

Trade him to the Yankees for Clint Frazier !!!!! Now

Frazier will be ready around July and will be a stud for years to come .

Cutch will bounce back some and we can trade him next july.

Polanco/Clint Frazier /Meadows is the future.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Why does Marte have to be a leader?
RichD

Post by RichD »

Leader was the wrong word,Dog.

Difference maker .He good and i like him and he`s cheap.

But he doesn`t scare anyone .

He is the type to add and put you over the top.

But not  a player to put you on top.

Time to go watch Mad Bum pitch 8 inn with 10 K get a win for the Giants. >:(
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

487379725E1A0 wrote: All my off season trades will start again with Marte .

He will hit 270 next year just wait and see maybe 15 hr and play great D. Fine that great at the price we have him at . But he s not a leader i feel .

Trade him to the Yankees for Clint Frazier !!!!! Now

Frazier will be ready around July and will be a stud for years to come .

Cutch will bounce back some and we can trade him next july.

Polanco/Clint Frazier /Meadows is the future.

No way I trade Marte for anyone. He's the best outfielder in baseball. I don't know Clint Frazier at all but if he's that good trade Cutch for him. Marte will be even better next year.