5/4 Pirates vs Reds. Cervelli's return

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

hope to see the Nova train keep rolling.

PIRATES @ Reds 12:35 ET

SP:Nova, Ivan – throws R

1: Harrison, Josh 3B – R

2: Jaso, John RF – L

3: McCutchen, Andrew CF – R

4: Polanco, Gregory LF – L

5: Bell, Josh 1B – S

6: Cervelli, Francisco C – R

7: Hanson, Alen 2B – R

8: Ngoepe, Gift SS – S

9: Nova, Ivan P – R
PMike

Post by PMike »

Nice to see Cervelli back.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Lousy to see Jaso in there again. Come on Clint be somewhat less by the book or even by the book. You confuse me with starting Jaso. :-/
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

47666E476C64030 wrote: Lousy to see Jaso in there again.  Come on Clint be somewhat less by the book or even by the book.  You confuse me with starting Jaso. :-/

I assume there is a righty on the mound for the Reds. Playing the percentages. Jaso should be at 1B and Bell in RF. Need Frazier back to stop this alignment.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Gift knocked in Cervelli.

1-0
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I forgot to check who was pitching today but when I saw how fast the bottom of the first went I thought, "it must be Nova." I was right. He is a joy to watch.

On the topic of why I hate Card's fans, my wife sends me a post from one of her Facebook friends who is a Card's fan. He was whining that Nova was picked over Mike Leake for pitcher of the month and gave the stats and whined that Nova had lost twice as many games as Leake. Leake is 3-1 and Nova is 3-2. He claimed it is media bias because Nova used to pitch for the Yankees. I am sure that a Pirate got the media bias nod over a Cardinal. I think people respect complete games.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

46676F466D65020 wrote: Lousy to see Jaso in there again.  Come on Clint be somewhat less by the book or even by the book.  You confuse me with starting Jaso. :-/

Jaso and Hurdle must be secret lovers or something...nothing else makes sense. When we get our guys back, I think he should be first to go.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

7B4D4C5B50514B597A574B4B380 wrote: Lousy to see Jaso in there again.  Come on Clint be somewhat less by the book or even by the book.  You confuse me with starting Jaso. :-/

Jaso and Hurdle must be secret lovers or something...nothing else makes sense.  When we get our guys back, I think he should be first to go.

Playing the percentages and past performance I assume:

Osuna .182 against RH Starters

Jaso .179 against RH Starters

I still hope they are trying to trade for an outfielder. Did The Nationals trade for anyone?
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

I feel like a competent RF would have caught that first single of the inning and it would just be 1-1 right now instead of being down2-1
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

NH --- We need an outfielder. Someone who can judge a fly ball and a line drive, who can catch it after judging it and who may have enough arm to prevent a team from running wild on the bases against our outfielders.