Crick Dfa

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Crick Dfa

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Bucs acquired Dillon Peters from Angels for cash and assigned him to Indy. To make room on the 40 man roster they have designated Kyle Crick according to Jason Mackey.
Ecbucs

Crick Dfa

Post by Ecbucs »

474B4A1118111914130C16210 wrote: The Bucs acquired Dillon Peters from Angels for cash and assigned him to Indy. To make room on the 40 man roster they have designated Kyle Crick according to Jason Mackey.

I saw someone post this and they said Kyle was gone. My first reaction was it was Kyle Keller.
fjk090852-7

Crick Dfa

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There has been no corresponding transaction to add a player for tonight’s game.
WildwoodDave2

Crick Dfa

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5C50510A030A020F08170D3A0 wrote: The Bucs acquired Dillon Peters from Angels for cash and assigned him to Indy. To make room on the 40 man roster they have designated Kyle Crick according to Jason Mackey.
No big loss
2drfischer@gmail.c

Crick Dfa

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Seems like addition by subtraction to me. It's not like he was helping the team to win.
Bobster21

Crick Dfa

Post by Bobster21 »

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

I could not stand seeing Crick enter games and walk batters with that slider that winds up 3 feet outside. The NH regime acted like Crick was an awesome talent with closer potential despite the fact that his minor and major league career has consistently demonstrated an inability to throw strikes. The BC regime had him in a setup role as if we had to ignore the fact that he was a walk machine. I'm glad that BC wised up and DFA'd him. Crick is not MLB material. Just as BC ran out of patience with Alford and Fowler, now he has run out of patience with Crick. Let's hope Tom and Polanco aren't far behind.
Surgnbuck

Crick Dfa

Post by Surgnbuck »

547974656273642427160 wrote: Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

I could not stand seeing Crick enter games and walk batters with that slider that winds up 3 feet outside. The NH regime acted like Crick was an awesome talent with closer potential despite the fact that his minor and major league career has consistently demonstrated an inability to throw strikes. The BC regime had him in a setup role as if we had to ignore the fact that he was a walk machine. I'm glad that BC wised up and DFA'd him. Crick is not MLB material. Just as BC ran out of patience with Alford and Fowler, now he has run out of patience with Crick. Let's hope Tom and Polanco aren't far behind.   
I remember how surprised I was that a pitching strapped team like the Angels let Stratton go, and he's quietly been one of the most serviceable pickups the Pirates have obtained (a NH one at that for cash considerations). This guy they picked up hasn't pitched in the majors this year, and looking at his MLB stats, he's a walk machine too, 4.1 BB/9 innings in 132.2 MLB innings. Not as bad as Crick, who is at 5.1 BB/9 innings in 171.2 MLB innings. Peters is a lefty, which sends up a red flag to me that Shreve or Howard may be getting traded.  Here's hoping we get another fix it project from the Angels.
Bobster21

Crick Dfa

Post by Bobster21 »

634542575E5245535B300 wrote: Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

I remember how surprised I was that a pitching strapped team like the Angels let Stratton go, and he's quietly been one of the most serviceable pickups the Pirates have obtained (a NH one at that for cash considerations). This guy they picked up hasn't pitched in the majors this year, and looking at his MLB stats, he's a walk machine too, 4.1 BB/9 innings in 132.2 MLB innings. Not as bad as Crick, who is at 5.1 BB/9 innings in 171.2 MLB innings. Peters is a lefty, which sends up a red flag to me that Shreve or Howard may be getting traded.  Here's hoping we get another fix it project from the Angels.
Crick's sad BB/9 rate of 7.0 is nearly matched by Howard (6.7). By comparison, Shreve's poor 4.5 rate looks good. And Holmes' 5.2 rate is very bad as well. Not to mention Kyle Keller at 7.9. What is it about Pirate relievers who never met a batter they didn't want to walk?
Surgnbuck

Crick Dfa

Post by Surgnbuck »

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: What is it about Pirate relievers who never met a batter they didn't want to walk?
From the looks of it, when we're screaming at the television, "make them hit their way on!" it's almost like they're saying, "wait, I want to put a couple guys on in front of that first"
skinnyhorse

Crick Dfa

Post by skinnyhorse »

4D606D7C7B6A7D3D3E0F0 wrote: Huzzah!

Huzzah!

Huzzah!

I liked Cricks stuff just couldn't understand bringing him in in high leverage situation until he became more reliable with his control.  I would have worked him in our many loss games to try and see if he could get control.  Bringing him in for 3 batters every 4 games wasn't ever going to get him in a groove.  I'd work him 2 or 3 days in a row to get him work.  Lord knows we've been out of so many games he could have got plenty of work in low leverage situations.  I just don't like getting nothing for a guy with the kind of movement he had.  Maybe the biggest break I ever saw on a ball.  I might have tried him as a starter even to get him work.