Yordano Ventura ????

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by DemDog »

Reading the Rumbunter blog this morning and found this article by Marty McFly one of their bloggers.

Offseason Trade Target Yordano Ventura

Never heard of the guy but seems like he is a competitor who seems to win and provide a lot of innings.  Young and has a long term favorable contract.  Take a look at the article and comment for me.  Do not have any idea who we would trade and any thoughts on that would be appreciated.  If nobody likes this guy just check it off as an "Old Fart" moment on my part.

Here are Yordano Ventura Stats from Baseball Reference
Leyland1948

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by Leyland1948 »

Possum, read the same article and had the same thoughts. Not sure what it would take but would much more like a lefty if possible.
IABucFan

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by IABucFan »

Hadn't seen this, but i for one would love it. I've long thought Ventura would be a good fit for the Pirates but never thought KC would be open to dealing him. I think he could be had for less than Quintana and potentially provide comparable production.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Wasn't he KC's ace at one point?

I always liked him too. I am not sure why he had a down year last year. His age is encouraging. KC might be shedding payroll too.
skinnyhorse

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by skinnyhorse »

He would be a great addition for our rotation and probably a lot less cost. There are lots of possiblities out there just have to do the work to find them. Quite being lazy Huntington and find another starter that will put this team in the playoffs. I say don't get fixated on one particular players, find the best pitcher for the buck.

I'd trade Cutch for him if they would throw in a top prospect or two.
SammyKhalifa

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by SammyKhalifa »

687072757562737469687E1B0 wrote: He would be a great addition for our rotation and probably a lot less cost.  There are lots of possiblities out there just have to do the work to find them.  Quite being lazy Huntington and find another starter that will put this team in the playoffs.  I say don't get fixated on one particular players, find the best pitcher for the buck. 

I'd trade Cutch for him if they would throw in a top prospect or two.

How do you know anybody's being lazy?

I think it would be great for the Pirates to have a guy like him for the same reason that I think the Royals will not part with him.
BucsFaninGA

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Think the front office is far from being lazy...I imagine NH will land another starting pitcher in January...Quintana from ChiSox or maybe someone from Tampa Bay...

Beat'em Bucs :D
PMike

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by PMike »

The Royals probably have one more year of competition left before they fall off the planet. They have no farm system since they packaged it all away to in a WS. Luckily for them, it worked.

They need pitching. They only have 4 starting pitchers and prospects. The only way they trade Ventura to us is for MLB ready pitching. Unfortunately, that's what we are looking for.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

And I doubt KC wants a high contract like McCutchen.

I think KC will be down for years after paying everyone. But, they did win it all so it was worth it.
Ecbucs

Yordano Ventura ????

Post by Ecbucs »

Ventura was accused of headhunting in 2015. Was involved in a couple of brawls. Maybe he could be the new Dock Ellis