Pending Draft

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Pending Draft

Post by JollyRoger »

Pending draft.

I am actually hoping that the Pirates draft either Green or Collier with the #4 pick. Both of those players are good size and have tremendous upside. Plus with Green being an OF and Collier possibly 3B it helps fill positions that add depth

I don’t think we need to draft any more SS (Brooks Lee) or 2B (Temarr Johnson); we are loaded with middle infield depth

I would love it if Rocker was available at the 36 slot but he will probably go before that.
fjk090852-7

Pending Draft

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Many of the experts predict the Bucs may select Collier, I know the blood lines are there , but his dad wasn’t much of a player. I am hoping they pass on him, but I have a feeling they will take him at #4.
ChillinStation

Pending Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

I want Brooks Lee or Parada , 2 guys who could fast track to MLB.
INbuc

Pending Draft

Post by INbuc »

I have followed the mock draft write-ups probably since April. There is a pretty clear top seven or so in almost everyone’s mock. The two that have shot up the most over that time are high-schoolers, Jackson Holliday, and Cam Collier (who actually left HS early and played in JUCO this year).

From everything I can piece together, it appears Druw Jones and Holliday will be the first two players taken. The Rangers pick third, and would take either of those two if available. If not, the big question is who do they select from Brookes Lee, Termarr Johnson, Elijah Green, Kevin Parada, and Collier.

Most of the reports I have read seem to think the powerful Green has the highest ceiling, but also the lowest floor. One analyst went so far as to say he though Green might really struggle with professional (not just MLB) pitching.

As far as the Bucs go, I think Parada is unlikely, and maybe Green too. That leaves some nice options in Lee, Johnson, and Collier. Even with somewhat of a glut of 2nd basemen in the organization, I have a gut feeling the Bucs pick Johnson. I think he has a chance to be a great hitter.

ChillinStation

Pending Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

Some say Johnson could be a real good OF also. He is just so small . I like guys at least 6ft tall. Lee could play 1st if Cruz pans out at SS.
JollyRoger

Pending Draft

Post by JollyRoger »

4269686D6D686F52756075686E6F010 wrote: Some say Johnson could be a real good OF also. He is just so small . I like guys at least 6ft tall. Lee could play 1st if Cruz pans out at SS.
Johnson is getting a lot of projections as the Pirates pick now. I just don’t like his size and it seems we would have another Nick Gonzales as a very good hitting 2B. I think both Green and Collier have higher upside especially for power and they would sign for under slot dollars which is probably what BC will try to do again.
ChillinStation

Pending Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

Damn the more I think about it !

Draft another freakin catcher. Parada can mash. That is so valuable and the Pirates can have 3 Studs at position. Endy,Davis,Parada...... Boom thats money in bank when we need trade for a stud starter to join the Pirates run to WS in 2024/25/26/27.

;)
ArnoldRothstein

Pending Draft

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Davis

Apologies if this was mentioned here before: it seems Davis has been "shut down" (wrist immobilized) for a couple weeks to try to get it healthy. Nick Gonzales seems to be out of the walking cast or whatever he was in.

https://www.mlb.com/news/pirates-top-pr ... ist-injury
fjk090852-7

Pending Draft

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read an article on Pirates Prospects, and there is some who think the Bucs will pick Zach Neto at #1. This sounds more like a Tony Sanchez choice, and we all know he was a bust for the Pirates. Either pick Johnson, Lee, or Collier.
ChillinStation

Pending Draft

Post by ChillinStation »

232F2E757C757D70776872450 wrote: Just read an article on Pirates Prospects, and there is some who think the Bucs will pick Zach Neto at #1. This sounds more like a Tony Sanchez choice, and we all know he was a bust for the Pirates.  Either pick Johnson, Lee, or Collier.

I went to the website you mentioned. I have never heard of it before. Holy smokes, I love the prospects part of Pirates baseball and baseball in general. I have been following prospects for over 30 years. Pirates have always sucked in my time except for a few years here and there.

If Pirates decide to dig that deep and go for Neto , I would rather they just draft Rocker.