Harrison Out for Season

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Harrison Out for Season

Post by ScottinMass »

Harrison is out for 4-6 weeks with the groin injury so he is done for the season.

Rather than starting Hanson or Frazier at 2B, Clint is going with ole reliable Sean Rodriguez. Frazier is starting though, playing LF.

At this point I want to see Hanson get a few starts in a row and get regular playing time to see what we have going forward. Oh well.

Frazier LF

Bell 1B

McCutchen CF

Polanco RF

Kang 3B

Cervelli C

Rodriguez 2B

Mercer SS

Cole P

Go Bucs!

Oh, and Kang named NL player of the week. Good for him!
Osushawn

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Osushawn »

this just proves they are still trying to win:-)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison Out for Season

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Hanson is in his future role. He is a bench player.

I would like to see Frazier play some more second base. He does need more time there.
SteadyFreddy

Harrison Out for Season

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I hope they consider trading JHay and dump his ridiculous contract and make Frazier the new 2nd baseman. You're really not losing much by doing this.
Osushawn

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Osushawn »

795E4F4B4E536C584F4E4E532A0 wrote: I hope they consider trading JHay and dump his ridiculous contract and make Frazier the new 2nd baseman. You're really not losing much by doing this.

I could buy this. They could include Hanson just so they could get someone to take the contract.
Quail

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Quail »

01263733362B14203736362B520 wrote: I hope they consider trading JHay and dump his ridiculous contract and make Frazier the new 2nd baseman. You're really not losing much by doing this.

My only problem with that is Frazier's defense. He's looked shaky there especially with his footwork around the bag. I would think that with some coaching and experience he could improve, but he's not going to get experience at second base by playing left field. If the Pirates really consider Frazier a possible replacement at second I think they'd be giving him some playing time there and put Rodriguez in left.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Harrison Out for Season

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think it could be hard to trade Harrison. He has to be the worst hitting 2B in the NL and has that high contract coming up.

Rodriguez is the better defender right now. Maybe they haven't given up on the season just yet? Frazier next to Bell could be bad. Bell is one of the worst fielding 1B I have seen too.
mouse

Harrison Out for Season

Post by mouse »

Frazier has not played much second base, which seems to suggest the team doesn't think he can handle it. It seems odd that neither he nor Hanson have gotten time there. Looks like another hole going forward.
Ecbucs

Harrison Out for Season

Post by Ecbucs »

51766763667B44706766667B020 wrote: I hope they consider trading JHay and dump his ridiculous contract and make Frazier the new 2nd baseman. You're really not losing much by doing this.

Too bad the Bucs offered Harrison this contract before financial flexibility was so important.

No team is perfect in player evaluations, at one time I was thinking the Pirates were much better than average but have changed to thinking they may be only average.
BenM

Harrison Out for Season

Post by BenM »

7B4B475C5C414665495B5B280 wrote:

Oh, and Kang named NL player of the week. Good for him!

It's too bad his performance was totally overshadowed by the awful play of the rest of the team.