Game Thread 6/20/22 Cubs vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

49656D6A6146716777040 wrote: With respect to last night's attendance, while 11,312 is not world beating, 13 times this season the Pirates have drawn less than 10,000, and another time it was only 10,004.  This is also the announced attendance, and clearly, quite a few season ticket holders have chosen not to show or have been unable to off-load their tickets for many of the games.  When the cameras have scanned the Park, PNC has looked virtually empty during some games.   

Conversely, when the camera scanned the Park last night, there appeared to be more folks in the seats than usual for a night game.  And, regardless of the actual number of fans, those who were there appeared to be engaged in the game.  Good to see and hope that we can see and hear more of that as the season continues.
The fans just need a reason to attend. After last night's demonstration by Cruz and Madris, fans may see a reason now. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on attendance moving forward.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: With respect to last night's attendance, while 11,312 is not world beating, 13 times this season the Pirates have drawn less than 10,000, and another time it was only 10,004.  This is also the announced attendance, and clearly, quite a few season ticket holders have chosen not to show or have been unable to off-load their tickets for many of the games.  When the cameras have scanned the Park, PNC has looked virtually empty during some games.   

Conversely, when the camera scanned the Park last night, there appeared to be more folks in the seats than usual for a night game.  And, regardless of the actual number of fans, those who were there appeared to be engaged in the game.  Good to see and hope that we can see and hear more of that as the season continues.
The fans just need a reason to attend. After last night's demonstration by Cruz and Madris, fans may see a reason now. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on attendance moving forward.

If fans don't show-up tonight it's probably because they need a rest.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

207660747B61717A776052757F737B7E3C71120 wrote: With respect to last night's attendance, while 11,312 is not world beating, 13 times this season the Pirates have drawn less than 10,000, and another time it was only 10,004.  This is also the announced attendance, and clearly, quite a few season ticket holders have chosen not to show or have been unable to off-load their tickets for many of the games.  When the cameras have scanned the Park, PNC has looked virtually empty during some games.   

:D :D :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

247264707F65757E736456717B777F7A3875160 wrote:

;D ;D ;D ;D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Maine Bucs is correct about the way the crowd can look. I've been to those games where they announce attendance was 10-11 thousand and some of us get to thinking, "they must all be in the bathrooms". I swear you could go say hello to every person in attendance, get their email address and phone number, all by the 6th inning.

Some nights, same attendance is announced but I'm guessing it's closer to 16-17 thousand.

As far as STH tickets go for counting, I think (don't hold me to this) if any tickets are listed on a secondary market, they are counted as part of the attendance. They have essentially been used, and taken off the STH account, unless they recall their listing.

If you have season tickets, and don't go and don't list them for sale, I don't think they count towards attendance.

A lot of seats are also donated that aren't getting used for the two programs the Pirates use, and I think those tickets also count as part of the attendance.

But I'm certain we have a bean counter with knowledge of how they do this!