Game Thread 6/20/22 Cubs vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Can anyone tell me which ticket window at PNC Park will be selling World Series tickets tomorrow?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

517477776249747C7E691B0 wrote: Ho hum just another hit for Cruz and Madris

Where the hell is Suge????
Surg is so excited that his hands are shaking too much to type
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Save some for tomorrow guys!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

We've got a great game here in the 8th inning and Brown is trying to do a comedy bit with Walk. Brown just can't grasp that we don't tune in for him.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

1. So much fun tonight on so many levels.

2. I love seeing the MLB Network spend so much time on the Pirates. They just did about 10 minutes on Cruz.

3. Cruz is an absolute freak of nature.

4. I don't always agree with Harold Reynolds, but I do tonight. He must have just said five times to the Pirates ... LEAVE HIM ALONE. And I couldn't agree more. PLEASE Pirates don't rest him every other day and don't stick him in LF. Just LEAVE HIM ALONE and let him do his thing.

5. I love beating the Flubs into submission.

6. I haven't felt this good about the young talent in this organization in a long, long time. There appears to be quantity and quality.

6. However, there is still a terrible dearth of starting pitching. I don't see much on the way either. If this team is going to maximize its window with all of this young talent, they have got to find or develop some starting pitching. Here's a crazy idea, why don't we SPEND MONEY this offseason to acquire legitimate MLB starting pitching. It's going to be a crying shame next season if this positional talent really blossoms, and the offense is really good ... but they have to spend every game trying to overcome a group of AAA starting pitchers.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow, what a fun game. Perfect start to the transition to the Pirates with Cruz, Madris.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

That was a fun game…just a real electricity in the air. Wouldn’t it be great if Cruz could be our Larry Bird…a great player who made everyone else better. Sure seemed that way tonight.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Harold Reynolds is interviewing Cruz for MLB Network. He asked if Cruz knew he could throw 100 mph. Cruz said, "maybe more."
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Really happy to see Madris play so well in his first game. I love a good Cinderella story and guys who beat the odds. He's never made any prospect lists, but has been pretty solid at every stop since we drafted him. Last year at AAA he seemed to raise his game just a notch. And this year he just seemed ready to break out when he was given a chance. Hopefully he can respond well as the league adjusts to him. But what a night for the #1 prospect Cruz and the Cinderella Kid, Captain Bligh.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

47406C7B6D0E0 wrote: That was a fun game…just a real electricity in the air.   Wouldn’t it be great if Cruz could be our Larry Bird…a great player who made everyone else better.  Sure seemed that way tonight.

;D That`s all any long suffering fan could ask for. Just a chance for a change. C`mon Baseball Gods, help please :-/