Official Game Thread - 6/6 - Bucs vs A's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

646869323B323A37302F35020 wrote: DeJong surrenders a 2 run HR. He looks even worse than before. Nice story of perseverance but it's time for the Bucs to move on from him.
You are right, it is time to release DeJong. He is not the same pitcher as last season.

it wouldn't surprise if the release paperwork is already completed. Only question is whether to tell Chase tonight or wait until tomorrow. I feel sorry for the guy, he appeared to figure it out in Indy but it could be he just doesn't have it.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

4A6C6B7E777B6C7A72190 wrote: Well, they weren't going to win every game rest of the year. But they thought this one was in the bank. Some humble pie. Like I said, a team like the A's don't see a team like the Pirates as being better than them.

Your post made me wonder about Pro's. I've always believed all pro's have to be cocky and think they can whip the guy across from them. Johnny Bench said it best, "a quiet cocky." I would hope no pro thinks the opponent is better then them. I understand we as fans can see it in black and white but I sure the hell hope players don't think that way.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6C7B6D7D383E393F39370E0 wrote: Attending the Wildwood High School Sports Banquet tonight. Will

probably catch the last few innings-

pretty nice that they named a high school after you!  Enjoy the banquet.

That was funny but actually he is highly respected in the history of Wildwood HS. The Gym is named after him. He brought Championships to a school with small student population.

Not only is the gym named after him but they have a life-sized crumpled aluminum foil statue outside the gym. :D :D :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

54757D547F77100 wrote: Attending the Wildwood High School Sports Banquet tonight. Will

probably catch the last few innings-

pretty nice that they named a high school after you!  Enjoy the banquet.

That was funny but actually he is highly respected in the history of Wildwood HS. The Gym is named after him. He brought Championships to a school with small student population.

Not only is the gym named after him but they have a life-sized crumpled aluminum foil statue outside the gym.    :D :D :D :D

Now that's funny. They didn't even use the more expensive

Reynolds aluminum foil. They used the Giant Eagle Brand. :'(