Official Game Thread - 4/15 - Bucs @ Cards

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

In the 7th inning when the Bucs ran themselves out of an opportunity to take the lead and the Cards capitalized on their opportunity in the bottom of the 7th, I was ready to post that until the Pirates can successfully do the little things that the Cards always seem to do, the Bucs will always be the Cardinals bitch.

But today the Pirates rallied and took the game back with a great 10th inning. I know it’s early in the season, but this was a statement game for the Bucs. They shut up the St Louis fans and sent a message that this crew of Pirates will no longer bow to the Cardinal Nation.

Keep waving the sword boys!!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

76535050456E535B594E3C0 wrote: In the 7th inning when the Bucs ran themselves out of an opportunity to take the lead and the Cards capitalized on their opportunity in the bottom of the 7th, I was ready to post that until the Pirates can successfully do the little things that the Cards always seem to do, the Bucs will always be the Cardinals bitch.

But today the Pirates rallied and took the game back with a great 10th inning. I know it’s early in the season, but this was a statement game for the Bucs. They shut up the St Louis fans and sent a message that this crew of Pirates will no longer bow to the Cardinal Nation.

Keep waving the sword boys!!!!

I wrote the other day that I felt there was something different with this team, and what you mentioned is part of that. I think veterans like McCutchen and Santana have helped with this, and guys like Bae and Joe have brought an attitude of “no fear” like only youngsters can bring.

It’s still early, but I like what they’re doing. I just want Shelton to have more consistent line-ups that use his best players way more often than not. Guys like Mathias should rarely play, yet he seems to be on the field constantly.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

065046525D47575C5146745359555D581A57340 wrote: Guys like Mathias should rarely play, yet he seems to be on the field constantly.

Same type of guys the old regime would claim had "presence".
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

9-6 after 15 games with this team is absolutely tremendous. I’m with a lot of people on here when you guys are saying there is just something different about this team early on. The acquisitions so far by Cherrington have been tremendous. Having guys like Cutch, Santana, Choi, and Connor Joe on the team is such a big difference then a year ago when you had guys like Yoshi Van Meter and even a guy like Vogelbach as your big free agent signings. This team is 9-6 because of it.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

For all the hand wringing over how the Pirates always trade away their good players--Reynolds, Cruz, Oviedo, Contreras, and Marcano all acquired via trade.