Game Thread - 6/26 - Bucs @ Rays

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6F4A49495C774A424057250 wrote: I hope four other GMs noticed the Ruthian-like power of one Daniel Vogelbach and insist on trading their very best prospect for him.
I think we need to keep Vogelbach. He serves a purpose.

He consumes most of the post game meals allowing the rest of our roster to be trim and in shape.

;D. If he gained one more pound he’d have to hold it in his hand.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0254425659435358554270575D51595C1E53300 wrote: I hope four other GMs noticed the Ruthian-like power of one Daniel Vogelbach and insist on trading their very best prospect for him.
I think we need to keep Vogelbach. He serves a purpose.

He consumes most of the post game meals allowing the rest of our roster to be trim and in shape.

;D.  If he gained one more pound he’d have to hold it in his hand.

:D poster boy for weight watchers
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Vogelbach Whale
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I know the Bucs were swept, but this season isn’t about winning games. It’s about bringing the future to the big leagues and letting them get acclimated. That’s being done and, to me, it’s going better than I anticipated.

The Pirates played one of baseball’s best teams this weekend and were competitive in each, especially against three pretty good starting pitchers. In the past five years, all the way up to a month ago, that wouldn’t have happened. Progress is being made, even here at the very beginning of the change over to the young players.

Thank you, Ben Cherington.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The highlight of my trip was that I got to see one Pirate loss that was not a walk off. Yippee.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

745954454253440407360 wrote: The highlight of my trip was that I got to see one Pirate loss that was not a walk off.  Yippee.

did you get to go to Bern's Steakhouse? I've been once and have thought about making another trip to Tampa just to go there.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

547273647262110 wrote: The highlight of my trip was that I got to see one Pirate loss that was not a walk off.  Yippee.

did you get to go to Bern's Steakhouse?  I've been once and have thought about making another trip to Tampa just to go there.Didn’t get there. Staying in Bradenton and eating there.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: The highlight of my trip was that I got to see one Pirate loss that was not a walk off.  Yippee.
Surg and I are blaming you for the three losses. :D
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

500610040B11010A071022050F030B0E4C01620 wrote: I know the Bucs were swept, but this season isn’t about winning games.  It’s about bringing the future to the big leagues and letting them get acclimated.  That’s being done and, to me, it’s going better than I anticipated.

The Pirates played one of baseball’s best teams this weekend and were competitive in each, especially against three pretty good starting pitchers.  In the past five years, all the way up to a month ago, that wouldn’t have happened.  Progress is being made, even here at the very beginning of the change over to the young players.

This can't be said enough. The future of this club is evolving this year and looks very promising.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

427E787E656C7A630D0 wrote: I know the Bucs were swept, but this season isn’t about winning games.  It’s about bringing the future to the big leagues and letting them get acclimated.  That’s being done and, to me, it’s going better than I anticipated.

The Pirates played one of baseball’s best teams this weekend and were competitive in each, especially against three pretty good starting pitchers.  In the past five years, all the way up to a month ago, that wouldn’t have happened.  Progress is being made, even here at the very beginning of the change over to the young players.

This can't be said enough.  The future of this club is evolving this year and looks very promising.   

You betcha!!