The Pirate who most irritated, aggitated, you the wrong way

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Geez, I didn't realize how many folks had The Whale on their list of Bucco Irritants, LOL. Man, we sure have improved past the likes of Jimmy Anderson, so that is something positive and Jeff Locke is leaving town for Miami. Wow, it is indeed a great day to be a Bucs Fan :D
BenM

Post by BenM »

I was never really irritated by Kris Benson. But as someone who was living in New York when he joined the Mets, I know we are soooo fortunate that his wife Anna didn't turn on the crazy until they moved there.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

57707B58150 wrote: I was never really irritated by Kris Benson. But as someone who was living in New York when he joined the Mets, I know we are soooo fortunate that his wife Anna didn't turn on the crazy until they moved there.

I sat in front of her one time at a game. My first time in the Lexus Club. Benson was pitching and it was his return from a big injury that had him out for months. She was so annoying, thinking she was so hot (she kind of was then - not now), telling the Usher who she was and stuff.

The kicker was Kris Benson was calling her between innings and I can hear her saying stuff like "you are doing fine, keep it up". I lost so much respect for Kris Benson that day. He used to get accused as being a baby with little injuries. I then knew it was true: calling his wife while he was pitching...ugh!
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Amos Otis, Steve Kemp, Sixto Lizcano, Lee Mazzilli and a host of others who were good or decent at one time but where thru when the Bucs got them.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Adam LaRoche absolutely drove me nuts. The guy just never produced. I can't tell you the number of innings he killed, he was always coming up in crucial situations and never, never came through. Matt Morris really absolutely should have gone to jail for what he done to the Pirates, took 10 million or so and never pitched a lick was home collecting his money all that year. Of course Dave Littlefield has to be on the list. Made moves that looked like he was trying to damage the team.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Reading the Rule 5 thread this name came up: Jose Bautista.

He didn't bother me as a Pirate (I didn't think he was that good or worth $2 million), but hated what I found out later and then he had all that success.

He wouldn't listen to coaches at any level or on any team as he bounced around. It wasn't until he was almost out of baseball he started listening to the Toronto coaches and became a super star.