Game Thread - 8/23 - Bucs vs Braves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Game Thread - 8/23 - Bucs vs Braves

Post by skinnyhorse »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: Some observations.

1)  Brubaker was cruising and then he was abused by the Braves line-up.  While it may not have made a difference, why didn't the pitching coach come out to allow Brubaker to reset himself?   The Braves, as a team, changed their approach at the plate in the 5th by jumping on the first pitch rather than sitting back and trying to drive up the pitch count.

2)  It looks like Reynolds' career success against the Braves has decided to take this series off.)

3)  Bucs again flirt with getting only 1 hit.  The Bucs seem helpless in facing a pitcher like Freid.

4)  I hate the Michael McKenrey segments.  They seemed forced.
There just aren't hitters on the team. We look at guys hitting in the .240s and .250 as our best chance for a hit. That's sad. In both games of the series so far the Pirates scored 1 run on a solo HR. They can't string hits together for a rally because the odds of so many poor hitters getting hits in the same inning are very poor.

As for McKenry, yes those segments seem forced. He was terrible last year as one of the rotating analysts and it appears they are just looking for something for him to do. Maybe it's time he got on with his life's work. I wish they would clean house. Get KY out of the booth and let him do those segments. He might sound more alive explaining specific facets of hitting, pitching or fielding instead of just droning on (zzzzzzzz) about the game. Fire Block and Brown and get announcers who are more interested in the game than in trying to be the primary entertainment. Maybe the other analysts would do a better job when not having to interact with Block's filibusters and Brown 's fawning and trying to be funny. Fire Robbie and have the post game interviews conducted by the PBP guys using a headset. They would have a better idea of what to ask than "what led to..." or how does it feel...?" It doesn't have to go on the PA system to the crowd. Most of them are heading for the exits anyway.
Brubaker was cruising and then he wasn't. Almost like the Braves knew what was coming. A competent organization would find out what happened but our org. oh well they suddenly figured it out. I turned it off after 4 hits in a row. I can't watch this incompetence.