4/7 Home opener versus Braves...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I know we haven't seen the back of the rotation yet, but it really does seem like we can win some games with even a mediocre offense. Nova's quite good as a #3.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Great job by Nova for getting out of the 6th, particularly after having to pitch more than he should have in the 5th.

I think the hitting will come around.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

624554505548774354555548310 wrote: And it's costs the Pirates a run and maybe more. You could tell the moment that ball was in the air Polanco was gonna have issues with it.
We've talked about it before, but Polanco often looks awkward on routine fly balls. The wind carried the ball a little but a MLB outfielder makes that play. Or at least should. Otherwise, an enjoyable game so far.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: And it's costs the Pirates a run and maybe more. You could tell the moment that ball was in the air Polanco was gonna have issues with it.
We've talked about it before, but Polanco often looks awkward on routine fly balls. The wind carried the ball a little but a MLB outfielder makes that play. Or at least should. Otherwise, an enjoyable game so far.

Hey on the bright side, Polanco has left 7 men on base today.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

54666A6A7E4C6F666B6E6166070 wrote: And it's costs the Pirates a run and maybe more. You could tell the moment that ball was in the air Polanco was gonna have issues with it.

Hey on the bright side, Polanco has left 7 men on base today. 
That's no consolation for Penny Pizza not winning her debut race. I knew I should not have bet so heavily.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

527F72636475622221100 wrote: And it's costs the Pirates a run and maybe more. You could tell the moment that ball was in the air Polanco was gonna have issues with it.

I would be curious to see a metric at the end of the year to see if the defensive coverage turns out to be better, by how much and how much by each position. I agree about Polanco looking awkward. I wonder if he really covers more ground than Cutch.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

This is the spot Jaso should be PH'ing. But, we would still have Bell in the game.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Well this just became very interesting....Ugh
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I'm just watching the highlights now, and I really like the way Freese runs the bases after a home run. It's like he has somewhere to be.