Hill Pitching a Pefect Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

51766763667B44706766667B020 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.
I agree but I think we're past that. Let's enjoy the games for what they are. This one was a historic classic.
PMike

Post by PMike »

75524347425F60544342425F260 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.

If you couldn't appreciate this game, you need to stop following. This game was an incredible game in a multitude of ways. Sometimes the standings don't matter. Tonight was one of those times.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1A373A2B2C3D2A6A69580 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.
I agree but I think we're past that. Let's enjoy the games for what they are. This one was a historic classic.

So glad for this win. Probably will be highlight of the season. Feel sorry for Hill (although not too sorry), pitches the game of his life and ends up with a loss.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

331405010419261205040419600 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.

I'm the negative guy on this board, but appreciated it. You saw a great pitching performance by Hill in a loss; you saw a solid outing by Williams (one that I hope he remembers) and our bullpen held down the fort after that which is something that doesn't happen frequently anymore. A walk-off homer in that fashion is nuts. Yes, the offense sucked, but ...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6F424F5E59485F1F1C2D0 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.

Yes. Agreed.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

514C686A64010 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.

If you couldn't appreciate this game, you need to stop following.  This game was an incredible game in a multitude of ways.  Sometimes the standings don't matter.  Tonight was one of those times.

Yes. Agreed. Listened on the radio.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Been to a lot of games. BEST GAME EVER.

Unreal finish. About 5 seconds (which seemed like eternity) before we knew whether it was a HR or an out. There had been spectacular plays by both teams, I thought it was caught.

EvenDodger fans were going crazy.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Well I picked a bad night to be on a plane.

When we took off Hill was perfect thru 7.

When we landed J-Hay had walked it off.

Wish I had had been able to watch it live, but I have loved reading all about it and watching the highlights.

I agree, even though this season has mostly crashed and burned, that was an EPIC game, an historic game and a FUN game.

First time in the HISTORY OF BASEBALL that a pitcher lost a no-hitter on a walk-off home run.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

0A1733313F5A0 wrote: Nice win indeed too bad it means nothing for this team in the standings seeing they are basically out of it in the division.

If you couldn't appreciate this game, you need to stop following.  This game was an incredible game in a multitude of ways.  Sometimes the standings don't matter.  Tonight was one of those times. The standings always matter as far as I'm concerned. Ask the Dodgers who could probably care less about losing that game last night because they are getting ready to go win the World Series and the Pirates are getting ready to go home in about 5 weeks or so and sit on their couch. It was a great game and one we probably won't see for a very long time. I still would take this team being about 5 or 6 games over .500 right about now and being a game out of 1st place and getting ready to make a playoff push over seeing a game like that last night. Sorry to be negative I appreciated how the game went down but I'm past the point of looking at one particular game for a season and trying to make a big deal about it. Those things were nice to do in the Lloyd McClendon and John Russell era's when you knew the team stunk and wasn't going anywhere but not anymore.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Rogers should have sent Hill out for the bottom of the 10th only if the Dodgers had scored a run in the top of the 10th. It was a bad decision IMO on the part of Roberts to send him out. But I'll take it! :)