The Pirate who most irritated, aggitated, you the wrong way

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

Bell. In part because it gave us the classic line from Mark Madden, "Derek Bell, the ultimate pirate. Living on a boat and stealing money."
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

7D40475D4047290 wrote: Who was the ss we got from the mariners, that came up with the Cubs.

Ronny Cedeno, who played in Italy last year.

Another Mariners shortstop we picked up was Rey Quinones, who was a mystery to much of baseball.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Raul Mondesi

Chris stynes

Matt Morris

Pat Meares

John van benschoten
SpeedyG

Post by SpeedyG »

Jeromy Burnitz really annoyed the crap out of me.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Jeff King was lost at the plate for a few years . We needed him to run with it when he was called up. He never made a difference when the chance was their with Bonds and company.

Yes he had a decent career but we needed him at a certain time and he failed us.

He was terrible as a 1st round pick.

He never wanted to swing the bat. Always looking for walks.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Totally agree with those who mentioned McLendon as mgr. Worst mgr I've ever seen. No clue whatsoever. He wanted to push every managerial button he'd ever seen others do in every game he managed. Used up his bench early with pointless double switches when the new pitcher wasn't going to continue beyond that inning anyway. Had a good late inning defensive replacement in the light-hitting Abraham Nunez but usually used him as the first pinch-hitter where he was an automatic out and unavailable for defense later. Rarely had the same lineup 2 days in a row and constantly rotated players in and out of the lineup to avoid any semblance of continuity or familiarity with one another.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5C77766B7068715D6A7C7C701F0 wrote: Raul Mondesi

Chris stynes

Matt Morris

Pat Meares

John van benschoten

JVB wouldn't have bothered you if he was put in the position he should have been instead of on the mound. Clint Johnson was in the same boat.

Hell, I'm surprised no one has put Chad Hermansen down. What a bust.

Kris Benson was another that annoyed me. Never amounted to anything.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6E7E7F485E5E523D0 wrote: Raul Mondesi

Chris stynes

Matt Morris

Pat Meares

John van benschoten

JVB wouldn't have bothered you if he was put in the position he should have been instead of on the mound.  Clint Johnson was in the same boat.

Hell, I'm surprised no one has put Chad Hermansen down.  What a bust.

Kris Benson was another that annoyed me.  Never amounted to anything.

All of those guys I can't really blame, and it wasn't their fault, that they were put into a situation they were from management. I don't remember Pat Meares (just for example) doing anything that should have ticked anyone off. I mean, he was not a good player, but I didn't read this topic as being about players that were merely not good players.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I agree about those first round picks. It wasn't there fault. I always felt bad for Danial Moskos. He wrote a story/article about how he was getting booed and heckled warming up because he was a bust and people wanted someone else (Weiters). Then that story/article was poorly written and he got ripped about for that too. It wasn't his fault where he was drafted.

I took this topic as player's play on the field, not their attitude off. But my only run in with Barry Bonds was bad. He was a jerk to me when I was about 13-14 years old.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

555E565A5F5E450006714850595E5E1F525E310 wrote: I agree about those first round picks.  It wasn't there fault.  I always felt bad for Danial Moskos.  He wrote a story/article about how he was getting booed and heckled warming up because he was a bust and people wanted someone else (Weiters).  Then that story/article was poorly written and he got ripped about for that too.  It wasn't his fault where he was drafted.

I took this topic as player's play on the field, not their attitude off.  But my only run in with Barry Bonds was bad.  He was a jerk to me when I was about 13-14 years old.

Not saying he was a bad guy (I have no idea one way or the other) but I'm still going with Jimmy Anderson. Watching him pitch made me angry, haha.