Pirates when Mercer starts:

5-0

Pirates when Mercer doesn't play:

0-1
iwatch

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by iwatch »

Pirates record when Nova uncorks WP- 0-1

Pirates record when Nova does not uncork WP 5-0.
SteadyFreddy

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The top 4 or 5 in this Pirates lineup are really hitting the ball well to start the season. Guys like JHay,Polanco, and Bell are getting on base a ton and are getting big hits and driving in runs which has been a huge plus for this team so far. Nice to see Dickerson break out last night with 3 hits so hopefully he will start to come around. I said before Spring started I liked this lineup a lot and if things go right they could be pretty good. 5-1 start for this team is about as good as we could have hoped. Let’s hope it continues and no reason to believe it shouldn’t with the Reds in here for 3 more games this weekend.
mouse

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by mouse »

I'm just surprised anyone is hitting anything as cold as it has been. Usually pitchers dominate this time of year, and then when it gets hot in July and August, the hitters get their revenge.
OrlandoMerced

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Impressed with the Feliz-Kontos-Rivero back end of the pen work.

Twitter was questioning the move to start the 6th with Santana, but I think that makes sense. You knew going in that Brault would be on a tight leash that inning, Santana, Doydas and Smoker aren't reliable and those would be the guys being called if Brault got in trouble, makes sense to have them come in clean.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

60475652574A75415657574A330 wrote: The top 4 or 5 in this Pirates lineup are really hitting the ball well to start the season. Guys like JHay,Polanco, and Bell are getting on base a ton and are getting big hits and driving in runs which has been a huge plus for this team so far. Nice to see Dickerson break out last night with 3 hits so hopefully he will start to come around. I said before Spring started I liked this lineup a lot and if things go right they could be pretty good. 5-1 start for this team is about as good as we could have hoped. Let’s hope it continues and no reason to believe it shouldn’t with the Reds in here for 3 more games this weekend.

To me, it looks like everyone is hitting the ball hard. There is at least one at bat which everyone is stinging the ball.

You are right, the top of the order is putting up the results. Timely hitting for sure. Harrison is setting the table very well.
SteadyFreddy

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I know a lot of people not so much on here but that I know personally would be killing this team now if they were 1-5 instead of 5-1. These are the same people now who are saying things like “it’s only 6 games.”, “they haven’t played anybody yet.” “Wait until they play the cubs.” Not ready to crown this team yet but so many people would be killing this team about the Cutch and Cole trades if they were 1-5 as opposed to 5-1.
MaineBucs

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by MaineBucs »

As long as folks are taking credit for making some nasty comments about Dickerson and how it helped snap him out of a slump, please add a few similar comments about Moran. While the granny was really nice, he has not hit much else with any authority.

Good to see the Bucs nail down another win. Some past years it seems like it has taken until the end of April to chalk up 5 wins and this year the team does it before the end of the first week of April.

Also good to see Pirate pitchers own Billy Hamilton last night. Hopefully it is a start of an ongoing trend and not just an aberration.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Brault struck out Votto twice. That will set a tone too.

Hamilton now batting .063.
Bobster21

4/5 vs the Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

584650455259310 wrote: Pirates record when Nova uncorks WP- 0-1

Pirates record when Nova does not uncork WP 5-0.
Pirates record when I wear Skechers- 0-1

Pirates record when I don't wear Skechers- 5-0.