Hoy Park

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Hoy Park

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

093C2B2B20192B2B20272B4E0 wrote: Swiss Army Knives might do things well, but they don't do them well for very long, if I'm any example.

I've owned at least ten over the years- various models/features.

Why?  Because I've lost at least nine over the years, too! 

I get the feeling that Pirates Army Knives don't stick around very long, either. 

You have lost at least nine. You should be more careful where you put things
Bobster21

Hoy Park

Post by Bobster21 »

586D7A7A71487A7A71767A1F0 wrote: Swiss Army Knives might do things well, but they don't do them well for very long, if I'm any example.

I get the feeling that Pirates Army Knives don't stick around very long, either. 

And sometimes they do. J-Hay for one. Frazier for another. Sometimes a team utilizes a player's versatility to keep him in the lineup until a subsequent move opens up a regular position. J-Hay played all over until Walker was traded and he took over 2B. Frazier played all over until J-Hay began to fade and 2B opened up for Frazier.
GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

725F52434455420201300 wrote: Swiss Army Knives might do things well, but they don't do them well for very long, if I'm any example.

And sometimes they do. J-Hay for one. Frazier for another. Sometimes a team utilizes a player's versatility to keep him in the lineup until a subsequent move opens up a regular position. J-Hay played all over until Walker was traded and he took over 2B. Frazier played all over until J-Hay began to fade and 2B opened up for Frazier.

That's true- on occasion.  Unfortunatlely, on most occasions, Pirates Army Knives don't cut much mustard for very long. 

Frazier was brought in because he didn't cost any money. 
SammyKhalifa

Hoy Park

Post by SammyKhalifa »

162334343F0634343F3834510 wrote: Swiss Army Knives might do things well, but they don't do them well for very long, if I'm any example.

I'm confused. Is your issue with him that he plays multiple positions?

I don't know if he's going to last, but it was a super interesting get, esp considering the price.
Bobster21

Hoy Park

Post by Bobster21 »

5F6A7D7D764F7D7D76717D180 wrote: Swiss Army Knives might do things well, but they don't do them well for very long, if I'm any example.

That's true- on occasion.  Unfortunatlely, on most occasions, Pirates Army Knives don't cut much mustard for very long. 

Frazier was brought in because he didn't cost any money. 
WHAT? I was talking about Adam Frazier as an example of someone who played multiple positions until settling on 2B. Are you talking about Todd Frazier?
GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

I booted that bad. Typed the wrong name. ) Regardless, I agree with you.
WildwoodDave2

Hoy Park

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

271205050E3705050E0905600 wrote: I booted that bad.  Typed the wrong name. )  Regardless, I agree with you.
Poor Weenie- He is still consumed with finding his army knives. :D
GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

So is Cherington. Matter of fact, I think he's still trying to see everything he has. And, he doesn't have that much. ;)
BenM

Hoy Park

Post by BenM »

033621212A1321212A2D21440 wrote: So is Cherington.  Matter of fact, I think he's still trying to see everything he has.  And, he doesn't have that much.  ;) 

The franchise is more than the major league team.

The 5 MLB teams with the biggest farm system improvements in 2021: Keith Law (subscription)

This is probably a top-5 system after such a huge draft and the infusion of so much depth at the deadline.

GreenWeenie

Hoy Park

Post by GreenWeenie »

That changes things.  He doesn't have much.

Some GM of some team in a two horse town might have something. Cherington doesn't have it.