The Music Thread

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

The Music Thread

Post by Quail »

3631272F2136717D042329252D286A272B29440 wrote: I've been playing music professionally and songwriting for more more than 45 years. As a listener my tastes are very eclectic. Tom Petty and The Moody Blues are two of my many favorites.

I hesitate to recommend music anymore to anyone because most folks are narrowly focused on a few genres and don't care to listen to anything else or anything new/different.

Some of my musical friends also do some of my favorite music; they include Chris Smither. Chris Hillman and Herb Pedersen, Verlon Thompson and Eric Taylor.

Quail - got any video online?  Love to check in. 

If I had just one thing I'd like to do over - I'd play guitar and piano. 
Thanks for asking Va!

If you want to listen to some of my recordings (without video)

this is my artist homepage: https://waltleuzinger.bandcamp.com/ For more rock stuff I suggest the 'Rock n Roll Reliquary' album, if you prefer more folk/bluegrass then the 'Dixie Moon' album is the one.

I don't have a lot of video out there but here's one that I did recently. I suppose the shirt I wore when filming it makes it especially relevant to this forum. ;)

It's called 'Einstein's Hair':

DemDog

The Music Thread

Post by DemDog »

That was soooooooooooooooooo much fun watching.  I will be late turning on the game cause I want to listen again.  How great it would be if you could PM the lyrics so I could follow along as I listen to it again.

Next thing you know I may get a movement started to have Quail name as the Official OBN Balladeer!  How do you like that.

A final thought, the song brought back memories of Peter, Paul, and Mary and in particular "Puff the Magic Dragon".  You sure do have a way of bringing back some old memories for me.

Thank you very, very, much for sharing it with us.
Quail

The Music Thread

Post by Quail »

Possum- Thanks so much for the enthusiastic kind words! There's really nothing more gratifying for a songwriter/musician than to have connected positively with a listener. I've sent the lyric to you in a PM. Hope you enjoy!
rucker59@gmail.com

The Music Thread

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Quail - I gotta agree with Possum - that is really good! Nice guitar and tune, great voice (you need to be in the broadcast booth!)

I'll check out your web links in a couple days. Then I gotta figure a way to monetize (as they say) you!
RichD

The Music Thread

Post by RichD »

I stopped paying much attention to new music about 15 years ago. Not sure why? But my dusty cd case is filled with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath ,Ozzy , ACDC ,Alice in Chains ,etc.

The radio in my truck died about 3 years ago and i haven`t fixed it. LOL :( At home i listen to talk sports radio but lately getting tired of it . In fact im tired of listening to people talking ,period. Everyone has too much to say. ::)

I guess i need to transfer my CD`S to an ipod but i dont know how to do that stuff and i sure as heck not going to re-buy all those albums. When i was a kid my uncle gave me a few albums and turned me on to some good music.Maybe i should just give my collection to my 12 yo nephew in hope that he finds something he likes :-/
rucker59@gmail.com

The Music Thread

467D777C50140 wrote: I stopped paying much attention to new music about 15 years ago. Not sure why? But my dusty cd case is filled with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath ,Ozzy , ACDC ,Alice in Chains ,etc.

The radio in my truck died about 3 years ago and i haven`t fixed it. LOL :( At home i listen to talk sports radio but lately getting tired of it . In fact im tired of listening to people talking ,period. Everyone has too much to say. ::)

I guess i need to transfer my CD`S to an ipod but i dont know how to do that stuff and i sure as heck not going to re-buy all those albums. When i was a kid my uncle gave me a few albums and turned me on to some good music.Maybe i should just give my collection to my 12 yo nephew in hope that he finds something he likes :-/

Personally, I'd keep it. Part of your story. You may be surprised to go back and re-listen in a few years.

there is software that can convert your CDs to MP3 files. Maybe somebody knows a simple way to convert.
LumberCo

The Music Thread

Post by LumberCo »

I like guitar rock, grunge, post grunge, not too interested much in modern rock though. Zeppelin, the Who, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Seether, Audio slave, (early) Linkin Park, Def Leppard, staind just to name a few that I listen to. have all my music on thumb drives that I play in my 2011 Camaro SS. have an upgraded stereo system to just over 1000 watts with a 10 inch Sub in the trunk, and 6.5 Components in the doors. more than 4 times the factory wattage. love my music loud and clear :)
rucker59@gmail.com

The Music Thread

0F362E212631002C430 wrote: I like guitar rock, grunge, post grunge, not too interested much in modern rock though.  Zeppelin, the Who, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Seether, Audio slave, (early) Linkin Park, Def Leppard, staind just to name a few that I listen to.  have all my music on thumb drives that I play in my 2011 Camaro SS.  have an upgraded stereo system to just over 1000 watts with a 10 inch Sub in the trunk, and 6.5 Components in the doors.  more than 4 times the factory wattage. love my music loud and clear :)

YIKES! That is some SERIOUS power! you could park your Camero at the pitchers mound in pnc and host a concert!
RichD

The Music Thread

Post by RichD »

When i was a college student the set up was a cd player an equalizer and big speakers in a wooden case.

What is the setup now?

Your phone or Ipod plugged in to some speakers ?

Are cd players gone these days ? How do people buy tunes today ?

TBird

The Music Thread

Post by TBird »

I'm mostly a 70's Boid.. I have Sirius XM in my car and have the 70' 80's and the Bridge on my Favs settings