Official Game Thread - 5/30 - Bucs vs Rockies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Howard's 15 walks in 18.1 innings is cause for concern.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Crick being Crick. And that's not good. Double, WP, walk, got a swinging K while hitting a batter. Then hit the next batter.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: Crick being Crick. And that's not good. Double, WP, walk, got a swinging K while hitting a batter. Then hit the next batter.
aiming for GOG
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Crick walks in a run. He loves that big breaking ball that ends up 2 feet outside. Fell behind Cron 3-0 with 3 of those. He's been pitching better this year by not leaning on that pitch as much as in the past. Today he fell in love with it again and still can't control it. 2 walks, a wild pitch and hit 2 batters altho only 1 of those counted because one of those batters swung at the pitch for strike 3.

3-2. Rodriguez in to get out of Crick's mess. Whew!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

79585079525A3D0 wrote: When Pooplanco hits a slam today you'll be sorry. ;)

I believe the boys won 3 in a row once so far this season and it was not against the same team. Today be a nice day to do it.

No, I won't because it will be easier to dump him on some unsuspecting chump GM and it will mean BN won't have to eat as much of his salary as many expect.  As for 3 in a row vs the Rockies, I wonder how their fans are reacting to a doubleheader sweep with no runs score by the Pirates Circus?   :D :D

Shelton made a big mistake not playing Polanco in the second game yesterday against that Rockies pitching staff. It was a chance for him to get three or four more at bats against Triple A pitching, maybe get a couple more hits, the better to foist him on that chump GM.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Craig had a good hit today but continues to hit most balls very weakly. I suspect he will be DFA'd to get Hayes off the 60 day IL.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

A big fat sigh...................................
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Double whammy. Not only does Rich Rod give up the lead, but he hurts his trade value while doing it.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

42554353161017111719200 wrote: A big fat sigh...................................
Let it get away!!~
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Would have been nice to finish off the sweep and put together 3 wins in a row. Pirates had their chance to break this game open in the 4th but couldn’t do it. I’m slowly reaching the end of being patient with Kevin Newman. He is just not getting it done and other options need to start being considered at SS moving forward in my opinion.