Game Thread - 7/6 - Bucs vs Yankees

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

456865747362753536070 wrote: "The Pirates turn two. Zip, zap kazoo."---Greg Brown.  :(

What an embarrassment to broadcasting. He must think the viewers just can't get enough of his nicknames and catch phrases.  >:(

I’ll take Brown’s enthusiasm (even if some of the phrases are corny) over a monotone dry announcer. You need to listen to some of the other announcers out there.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6D484B4B5E7548404255270 wrote: "The Pirates turn two. Zip, zap kazoo."---Greg Brown.  :(

What an embarrassment to broadcasting. He must think the viewers just can't get enough of his nicknames and catch phrases.  >:(

I’ll take Brown’s enthusiasm (even if some of the phrases are corny) over a monotone dry announcer. You need to listen to some of the other announcers out there.
I have. IMHO, the Pirate broadcasters are the worst in MLB. And no one is more monotone than our own Kevin Young.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Another DP! Keller's giving up a lot of hits (5 in 3 IP) but no damage.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Keller looked dominating in the 4th. :)
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Keller is dominating tonight.

Wouldn’t it be nice to have one of our own blossom and stay in the organization
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I wonder if all Shelton's special attention paid to Gallo (hitting .164) with 4 OFers and no infielders on the left side got Keller out of his rhythm. He looked uncomfortable pitching to Gallo and some of those pitches weren't even close.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

It’s a friggin travesty to allow a position player who throws 60MPH to pitch. Turns the game into a joke.

MLB needs to outlaw it!!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

14313232270C31393B2C5E0 wrote: It’s a friggin travesty to allow a position player who throws 60MPH to pitch. Turns the game into a joke.

MLB needs to outlaw it!!

Furthermore you think Van Meter enjoys getting humiliated

The players should tell Shelton to F… Off.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: "The Pirates turn two. Zip, zap kazoo."---Greg Brown.  :(

I have. IMHO, the Pirate broadcasters are the worst in MLB. And no one is more monotone than our own Kevin Young.
If you think Steve Stone is better than any Pirates broadcaster, I'll find a coupon and save it for your hearing test.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

406D60717667703033020 wrote: I wonder if all Shelton's special attention paid to Gallo (hitting .164) with 4 OFers and no infielders on the left side got Keller out of his rhythm. He looked uncomfortable pitching to Gallo and some of those pitches weren't even close.
Game is 5-0 and Yankees bring in a left handed reliever, and Shelton doesn't put in Castillo and Chavis?!?!?!?!?!?!? He allows three lefties in a row to hit against him?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He should be fired on the spot. And that abomination of a set up for Gallo was absolutely shit. Keller deserved better, not being told you only have one chance against this guy. Yes, I do think that whole thing messed his head, because now he's trying to pitch to make sure the ball only goes one way.

I'm tired of position players pitching, I get why they do, but the "unwritten rule" was .....YOU NEVER DID IT AT HOME!!!!!

I never wished injury on a player before but.....please, Yoshi, find a bar of soap on the steps.