general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

The Pirate who most irritated, aggitated, you the wrong way

Post by johnfluharty »

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Mr. "Operation Shutdown" comes to mind. After the trade of Aram and the talk of Littlefield saying Bobby Hill would be a star here, I grew to hate both Hill and Littlefield immensely.

Recent - Liriano. I booed him this year. I can't stand players making that amount of dough and not caring.
PMike

Post by PMike »

Derek Bell is a good and obvious one.

One that really bothered me was Adam LaRoche. I don't think he was a bad guy. In fact, he seemed to be a good guy and someone who would be fun to hang out. However, he was a complete disaster for them. After trading closer Mike Gonzalez for him, there were big hopes for him as THE offensive threat. He'd just had a big year in Atlanta (.285/32HR/90RBI/.915 OPS). Every season he would start off at historically horrible levels. Then at the end of the season, once all was lost, he'd play well enough to to make his final number look alright. Plus, he just had this easy, slow, laid back look on the field. I know it was his personality, but it totally looked like apathy. It was tough to take.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Operation Shutdown also got my goat!

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

How about joggin George Hendrick
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Lloyd McLendon, as a manager. On the old board I wrote many a long thread about Lloyd and his lack of in-game management skills.

No individual player, but I particularly dislike a player, be it Cutch, Marte, Polanco, Rodriguez or any of the lot who go to the plate with what appears to be no idea of what the pitcher is throwing and who chase pitches way outside the zone and who go down on 3 strikes.

Kris Benson, Chad Hermannson, JVB, Bryan Bullington, Daniel Moskos, Brad Lincoln, Bobby Bradley and the other #1 picks who never delivered. I am sure that many of them are great folks, but for so long too much of our hope relied upon the #1 pick we signed delivering and it was all too rare that we saw our hopes rewarded.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

George was money as a Redbird, but a definite bust as a Bucco!
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

was thinking George Hendricks also, guy lost all of his bat speed in one off season seamingly
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Recently - Jose Tabita. A little opportunity to see him in a personal situation really was a jerk.

Older player - Kendal or Bonds. Tough choice. Can I elect two?
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

Who was the ss we got from the mariners, that came up with the Cubs.