Upcoming Roster Dilemma . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

212D2C777E777F72756A70470 wrote: The Bucs do have some short term roster decisions to make over the next few weeks, but I have been thinking about the 40 man roster which they set in mid November. There are several prospects  who need to be added to the 40 man roster in order to protect from the Rule 5 draft. There could be as many as 8 to 10 players added in November. I have made a list of players who are now on the roster, or the IL who I think they would protect.

Bedner

Brault

Brubaker

Cederlind

Contreares

Crowe

Davis

Holmes

Howard

M. Keller

Kranick

Kuhl

Mears

Oviedo

Stratton

Yajure

Stallings

Castro

Cruz

Hayes

Moran

Newman

Nogowski

Difo

Reynolds

Gemel

Oliva

That is 26 players to protect which gives them room to add several young prospects. I did not include Tucker who I think is on a short leach with Pittsburgh, nor did I add Soriano the young rule 5 pick who had his second TJ operation. Besides adding some prospects to the roster they may have room for a couple mid range free agent pitchers, or a backup catcher.

thanks for list, I recently posted on another board that I think the Pirates have room to protect whoever they want on the 40 man this winter. Even on your list there are a few that are marginal depending on how good you think the players not on the roster are.

of course the return for Frazier and R-Rod might have to be added too. Do you think Crick will get dealt or just non-tendered?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6A4C4D5A4C5C2F0 wrote: The Bucs do have some short term roster decisions to make over the next few weeks, but I have been thinking about the 40 man roster which they set in mid November. There are several prospects  who need to be added to the 40 man roster in order to protect from the Rule 5 draft. There could be as many as 8 to 10 players added in November. I have made a list of players who are now on the roster, or the IL who I think they would protect.

Bedner

Brault

Brubaker

Cederlind

Contreares

Crowe

Davis

Holmes

Howard

M. Keller

Kranick

Kuhl

Mears

Oviedo

Stratton

Yajure

Stallings

Castro

Cruz

Hayes

Moran

Newman

Nogowski

Difo

Reynolds

Gemel

Oliva

That is 26 players to protect which gives them room to add several young prospects. I did not include Tucker who I think is on a short leach with Pittsburgh, nor did I add Soriano the young rule 5 pick who had his second TJ operation. Besides adding some prospects to the roster they may have room for a couple mid range free agent pitchers, or a backup catcher.

thanks for list, I recently posted on another board that I think the Pirates have room to protect whoever they want on the 40 man this winter.  Even on your list there are a few that are marginal depending on how good you think the players not on the roster are.

of course the return for Frazier and R-Rod might have to be added too. Do you think Crick will get dealt or just non-tendered?
Good point depending who they acquire in trades those players may be added to the roster. As for Crick, if they get anything for him I would deal him, but with his problem with wildness they may just dfa him at seasons end.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I know there might be a couple more players, but I think here is a list of 10 players who the Pirates may add to their 40 man roster in November.

C Bolton

Mason Martin

Cal Mitchell

Peguero

Smith-Njigba

Swaggerty

T. Thomas

Omar Cruz

Diego Castillo

Jack Suwinski

As I mentioned, there may be some other players, but I would think these 10 players may need to be added in order that they are not selected in the Rule 5 Draft.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

737F7E252C252D20273822150 wrote: I know there might be a couple more players, but I think here is a list of 10 players who the Pirates may add to their 40 man roster in November.

C Bolton

Mason Martin

Cal Mitchell

Peguero

Smith-Njigba

Swaggerty

T. Thomas

Omar Cruz

Diego Castillo

Jack Suwinski

As I mentioned, there may be some other players, but I would think these 10 players may need to be added in order that they are not selected in the Rule 5 Draft.

Is Bolton the one that had TJ?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4540474149435A474E5D5B562F0 wrote: I know there might be a couple more players, but I think here is a list of 10 players who the Pirates may add to their 40 man roster in November.

C Bolton

Mason Martin

Cal Mitchell

Peguero

Smith-Njigba

Swaggerty

T. Thomas

Omar Cruz

Diego Castillo

Jack Suwinski

Is Bolton the one that had TJ?
I believe he had a maniscis tear of right leg.