Official Game Thread - 6/15 - Bucs @ Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

2-1 after 4 innings.

Oviedo at 87 pitches though. I'm certain he goes out for the 5th inning, hopefully he can get a zero put up. No matter what, we're going to have to rely on the bullpen to pick up a couple of innings I'm sure Shelton would much rather they not have to.

Yerry De Los Santos back up with the Bucs, Holderman on the IL wrist inflammation
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I could watch Oviedo pitch all day. IMHO, he has by far the best stuff on the staff. He has the potential to be among the best of the best pitchers in baseball. I just wish he could put guys away a little easier. He seems to struggle getting into big counts and running his pitch count up. Likely only has one more inning left in him. But back to back K's to work out of a 1st and 3rd, one out jam.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Delay lead off single, but left there as Marcano strikes out, Reynolds and Cutch both fly out
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Is Delay for real? Didn't hit in the minors. Hit .213 for Pirates last year. 2 more hits tonight to put him at .312. It might just be a lucky year that he'll never repeat. (Chris Stewart had 2 of those while being unable to hit the rest of his career.) But it's too early to know if Delay has found an approach that works or is just enjoying a once in a lifetime season.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

tie game. So over seeing leads evaporate as soon as we get them
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Man what a frustrating series this has been with the Cubs. Can’t hold leads, can’t get big outs. Pirates continue to waste opportunities.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

infield hits just keep piling up for the Cubs. they have got to be the luckiest team I've seen for an entire series with the infield hits, and I don't recall a single one being a bunt
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Oviedo done at 4 1/3.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Cubs continue to max out these big innings and have done it yet again tonight in this game. Probably the most frustrating series of the year so far. The Pirates have pretty much invited both the Reds and Cubs back in this division race these last 3 games. This has just been an awful series for the Pirates. You better beat this Cubs team next week when they come to PNC Park. Can’t let this happen again where you let the Cubs sweep you.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

everything has imploded. They can't add on. The bullpen falters. The defense has been comical.