Bell to play some outfield when called back up...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I read this earlier today on CBS sports. Bell isn't going to be playing anything as long as he isn't up here which is still I believe a huge huge mistake by the Pirates. They could have really used him yesterday in the 18 inning marathon but instead they sent him back down. The Pirates need to make a decision on Polanco here within the next day or so. He hasn't played now in almost 10 days and if he is that hurt put him on the DL and quit playing a man short and call Bell back up. These games coming up against these weaker teams in the NL are way too important for the Pirates to continue to keep playing a man short and think your going to get away with it.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Of course, back at Indy he played first yesterday, with an outfield of Osuna, Ortiz, and Garcia.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I don't care where he plays up here at this point he just needs to be on the Major League Roster. Especially with Polanco not playing and Cutch struggling as much as he is. Call him up and put him in right field for a week while Polanco heals up. How bad could he really be?? The Pirates are really screwing this up big time I feel and not putting the best team on the field now when they really need to start winning games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Bell has had plenty of OF experience in the minors.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

The Pirates love playing a man short, must be why the 25th player gets so little playing time.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

7F72734452525E57505F310 wrote: The Pirates love playing a man short, must be why the 25th player gets so little playing time. They are idiots for doing it there is no other way to really state it. It's dumb, it's stupid and it doesn't give you the best chance to win games. Don't know who's decision it falls on at the end of the day but whoever's decision it is it's not the right one being made and it's hurting the team.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

193E2F2B2E330C382F2E2E334A0 wrote: The Pirates love playing a man short, must be why the 25th player gets so little playing time. They are idiots for doing it there is no other way to really state it. It's dumb, it's stupid and it doesn't give you the best chance to win games. Don't know who's decision it falls on at the end of the day but whoever's decision it is it's not the right one being made and it's hurting the team.

I do not get it. With Polanco, I guess they really only missed him for 5 games so far, but someone else would not have helped them?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bell is in the outfield tonight for Indy. I am wondering if Polanco can't go tomorrow and go on the DL possibly Bell will return and play right field.
iwatch

Post by iwatch »

No, Rodriguez will play 2B and Frazier will lay RF. Bell will sit. Can someone explain why Hurdle prefers to put Rodriguez in the IF and Frazier in OF?
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

36283E2B3C375F0 wrote: No, Rodriguez will play 2B and Frazier will lay RF. Bell will sit. Can someone explain why Hurdle prefers to put Rodriguez in the IF and Frazier in OF? 

Rodriguez has vet presence.