Possible Trade Partner

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Possible Trade Partner

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that Carlos Correa is going to opt out of his contract with the Twins. The Twins should be looking for a shortstop this offseason, and I wonder if Kevin Newman would interest them. The Pirates have several middle infielders,and even though Newman would be a super sub, I think if the return would help the Pirates they would move him. Possibly someone who knows the Twins System could suggest a possible return.
WildwoodDave2

Possible Trade Partner

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3A36376C656C64696E716B5C0 wrote: It appears that Carlos Correa is going to opt out of his contract with the Twins. The Twins should be looking for a shortstop this offseason, and I wonder if Kevin Newman would interest them. The Pirates have several middle infielders,and even  though Newman would be a super sub, I think if the return would help the Pirates they would move him. Possibly someone who knows the Twins System could suggest a possible return.
He had a good year with a bad team. Now is the perfect time

to see what the return would be.
maher.timothy20@gm

Possible Trade Partner

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Get a reliever for him.

Newman might be better than most Pirates fans give him credit for, but between Cruz, Castro, Bae, N. Gonzales, Peguero, and probably someone else I'm forgetting we've got the infield covered.
Ecbucs

Possible Trade Partner

Post by Ecbucs »

626E6F343D343C31362933040 wrote: It appears that Carlos Correa is going to opt out of his contract with the Twins. The Twins should be looking for a shortstop this offseason, and I wonder if Kevin Newman would interest them. The Pirates have several middle infielders,and even  though Newman would be a super sub, I think if the return would help the Pirates they would move him. Possibly someone who knows the Twins System could suggest a possible return.

at the least he needs to be shopped. If there isn't a good return he is a nice infielder to have (hopefully as a backup because other players doing well).
maher.timothy20@gm

Possible Trade Partner

I guess that settles that (w/r/t the Twins).

But we still ought to trade a middle infielder (or two) for pitching help, or a 1st baseman.
ArnoldRothstein

Possible Trade Partner

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

There's some speculation that Eric Hosmer may come a available very cheaply:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/10/ ... d-sox.html

He has a complete no-trade and is the opposite of the type of player I usually want to acquire, but I suspect that our first baseman of the future is playing some other position right now, so we could maybe use someone to plug the gap for a year or two.
maher.timothy20@gm

Possible Trade Partner

I'm wondering if they'd go after Jesus Aguilar. He's the kind of just-below-average player who maybe just maybe might have a better-than-expected year that they love.
SyrBucco

Possible Trade Partner

Post by SyrBucco »

717D7C272E272F22253A20170 wrote: It appears that Carlos Correa is going to opt out of his contract with the Twins. The Twins should be looking for a shortstop this offseason, and I wonder if Kevin Newman would interest them. The Pirates have several middle infielders,and even  though Newman would be a super sub, I think if the return would help the Pirates they would move him. Possibly someone who knows the Twins System could suggest a possible return.
Jovani Moran is a 25 year old lefty reliever who had an excellent year for the Twins. Even OnlyBuc's greatest Kevin Newman fan (me) would be happy with that trade!