Nutting announces sale of Seven Springs to Vail Resorts

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

But it was so fun to hear people complain about that.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/p ... 2112080145
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

62505C5C487A59505D585750310 wrote: But it was so fun to hear people complain about that.

https://www.post-gazette.com/business/p ... 2112080145
"The Nutting family will continue to own and operate several related businesses, including the Sporting Clays at Seven Springs, Seven Springs Golf Course and Hidden Valley Golf Club, plus Highlands Market, Highlands Resort Realty and certain real estate for future development."

I guess we're not getting rid of him. :(
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

what's next? his newspapers or the Pirates?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Surprises me.  Imagine a headline, out of the blue: “Nutting sells Pirates!”
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I've never gone skiing, and I've wanted to try it. But with Nutting owning 7Springs and Hidden Valley, I refused to give him my money. Now I might finally give it a shot this winter.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5552444C4255121E67404A464E4B0944484A270 wrote: Surprises me.  Imagine a headline, out of the blue: “Nutting sales Pirates!”

Next to my marriage and the birth of our kids (and I'm not so sure about that one), that would be the best thing to happen in my lifetime.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

HTG, true story.

My brother is buying a shack in Hidden Valley.  BOB sells Seven Springs.

A friend of his sent the following text message to him, and my brother forwarded it to me:

"So you (my bro) bought a place in Hidden Valley last week and Nutting immediately sold the whole damned resort.  I (meaning, his friend) wish you (my bro) bought a place next to PNC Park."
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am very surprised that Bob Nutting is selling his interests in the local ski resorts. I just wonder if this is the beginning of him selling off other interests he owns such as the Pirates. Who knows with new CBA he may feel it is time to put the Pirates up for sale.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

No, he is just putting money away for his kids to inherit. Now, something very surprising is my Chicagoland residing family including my grandkids, can't wait until this summer to come back to PA stay at 7 Springs as they did in 2019. They had a ball there. Mrs. Possum and I spent a day with them and found the facilities to be mediocre and in need of some serious maintenance.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A76772C252C24292E312B1C0 wrote: I am very surprised that Bob Nutting is selling his interests in the local ski resorts. I just wonder if this is the beginning of him selling off other interests he owns such as the Pirates. Who knows with new CBA he may feel it is time to put the Pirates up for sale.
We should be so lucky!