3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Jose Osuna (R) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

7. Guillermo Heredia (R) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

Derek Holland (L) SP

Where is Moran? Where is Frazier?  Nutting cheap! Shelton is nuts! A lefty going for the Twins so they bench lefty-swinging Moran and Frazier for two non-hitting righties.
WildwoodDave

Game Thread - August 3 - Bucs @ Twins

Post by WildwoodDave »

6C4D456C474F280 wrote: 1. Cole Tucker (S) CF

2. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Jose Osuna (R) DH

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

7. Guillermo Heredia (R) RF

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Erik Gonzalez (R) SS

Derek Holland (L) SP

Where is Moran? Where is Frazier?  Nutting cheap! Shelton is nuts!  A lefty going for the Twins so they bench lefty-swinging Moran and Frazier for two non-hitting righties. 
Moran is being punished for going 0-5 yesterday : ;D
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

It does make you wonder if Shelton is under instructions to play everyone a bit.

More than the lineup construction, the staff management just screams "this year doesn't matter - just keep people healthy", though that's not working either.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Is anything?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Good start from Tucker!

Shelton continues to amaze me. Newman is his regular SS and Gonzalez is his utility infielder. So to give Gonzalez a start (why?) he moves Newman to 2B so Gonzalez can play SS. Why not start Gonzalez at 2B and leave Newman in his normal position? And why is Tucker, their best defensive SS, not allowed to play SS? This is Gonzalez' 3rd start at SS in 10 games. Tucker has played exclusively in the OF. Why is Osuna the DH and Bell playing defense at 1B? I'm already sick of Lloyd McShelton. 
NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I haven't been able to watch either of his starts, what's going on with Derek Holland? Is this a fluke or is he looking good?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I beginning to think that Evans was a good minor league free agent signing this past offseason .
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

For the life of me I can't figure out why Gonzalez gets so many starts at SS.

ANYTIME there's an instance where Newman isn't going to start at SS, Tucker should be there.

There's just no logical reason to give that time to Gonzalez over Tucker. (And yes I realize Gonzalez had an RBI hit tonight, but he has no business playing ahead of Tucker).
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

are we witnessing Del Pozo's last game as Buc?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6A485B46454047486B5C4A4A46290 wrote: For the life of me I can't figure out why Gonzalez gets so many starts at SS.

ANYTIME there's an instance where Newman isn't going to start at SS, Tucker should be there.

There's just no logical reason to give that time to Gonzalez over Tucker. (And yes I realize Gonzalez had an RBI hit tonight, but he has no business playing ahead of Tucker).
Meanwhile, Tucker plays his first game in CF and misjudges a ball to allow 2 runs. Tucker is a SS. Probably the best defensive SS on the team. He has not played an inning there yet in these 10 games. Gonzalez has OF experience. So the utility INF-OF guy plays SS so Newman and Tucker can both play out of position.

And Del Bozo blows the game while being used by default in a crucial situation because Lloyd McShelton decided that the 4th inning yesterday was a good time to start using the BP after 3 perfect innings on 35 pitches by Brault and 8 relievers ended up having to work. It's bad enough the talent level on this team is so low but McShelton is managing the team like a complete idiot.