2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Melky Cabrera (S) RF

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Chris Archer (R) P

I hope there are no throwing at batters episodes today. I just want the Buccos to beat the bejeezus out of the crybaby Maddon and his Cubbies.
gileszee

Pirates @ Cubs - 7/12 - Smash Mouth Madden Game Thread

Post by gileszee »

Agreed.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Taking this series from Cubbies would be good way to start the second half.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

If winning this series vs the Cubbies leads to the in-season dismissal of Joe Maddon I could not be happier.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I work with a huge cub fan. I respect him because he is a true fan and really knows the team. However, he just goes off about how dirty the pirates are and how awful Hurdle is. I think it mostly stems from when they hit Arrieta in the playoffs. He has a few points as Hurdle is old school and the Pirates will hit players after they get hit but I think the whole scenario that "the pirates throw inside and hit players all of the time" is overblown. So many guys in the past were hit with Morton curveballs at their feet.

Sorry, that was rather incoherent and long because I hate getting lectured by a #$%#%$ cub's fan. And I hate that smug SOB Madden who got nuts when a ball hit of the bat of Baez.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

My daughter lived in Chitown for 20 years. She is a big time Pirate fan and has been since childhood. All she says about Cub fans is: Cubs fans suck! I've been to several games at Wrigley and I have to agree with her. They hurl insults to visiting team's fans. So glad she moved to Seattle where she doesn't have to put up with those kinds of fans.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Go Team!!!

UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

0A2B230A21294E0 wrote: My daughter lived in Chitown for 20 years.  She is a big time Pirate fan and has been since childhood.  All she says about Cub fans is:  Cubs fans suck!  I've been to several games at Wrigley and I have to agree with her.  They hurl insults to visiting team's fans.  So glad she moved to Seattle where she doesn't have to put up with those kinds of fans.

When my oldest boys were young they met Vance Law who was a high school friend of mine. I think that was 88 when Vance made the All Star team. Anyway it turned my oldest in to a Cub fan when he was young. He also moved to Seattle and instantly became an M's fan. Even when the Cubs finally won, it had little effect on him. He's been all in for the M's since moving there 15 years ago. I may be wrong, but winning ruined a lot of Cub fans like winning ruined a lot of Red Sox fans.

And I hate Maddon. We all heard about how great he was until we got to watch him try to give away a world series. When you watch him he's actually kind of creepy in a ... well, I won't go there.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Archer dealing so far
steve49

Post by steve49 »

2F1315130801170E600 wrote: Archer dealing so far

The first thing Cole did when he got to Houston was dump his 2 seam FB and throw more breaking stuff. Was reading the other day that Archer just did that. His 2 seamer was absolutely getting killed over the last 3 years. Duhhhh.....?