Will Craig to Korea

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Will Craig to Korea

Post by Ecbucs »

The Kiwoom Heroes of the Korea Baseball Organization have acquired first baseman Will Craig (hat tip to reporters Sung Min Kim and The Yonhap News’ Jeeho Yoo). Craig will earn $371K for the remainder of the KBO season.
Bobster21

Will Craig to Korea

Post by Bobster21 »

At least he'll have a chance to improve his hitting against Nick Kingham of the Hanwha Eagles.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/07/ ... -craig.htm...
SammyKhalifa

Will Craig to Korea

Post by SammyKhalifa »

edit--well that didn't work.

“There are times where it hits me, and I’m like, ‘Did that really happen?’” Craig said. “It will hang over my head for the rest of my career. But I want to give myself an opportunity to break away from it for a little bit.”

Craig laughed and said he does expect his new teammates to bring it up. “They have the internet over there,” he joked. And Craig plans to handle it the same way he did on a Zoom call the day after: directly.

“Don’t run away from it,” Craig said. “Kind of attack it head on and let them know, ‘I am a really good first baseman. Here’s my Gold Glove. I can show it to you if you want. You can touch it. It’s real.’

“I feel like most players always have a play or some type of event that happens in their career. Mine just happens to be a little bit bigger than others. If I was in Year 15 of my career, I feel like that play wouldn’t be nearly as crazy. But because I only had a month [of service time], it made it seem that much worse.”
ArnoldRothstein

Will Craig to Korea

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Best wishes to him.

WildwoodDave2

Will Craig to Korea

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

794A5657545C6A574C504B4C5D5156380 wrote: Best wishes to him.

Good riddance to him- We now have the Big Nogowski!!
WiffleballHero

Will Craig to Korea

Post by WiffleballHero »

I know it was a colossal blunder, but shipping him off to North Korea was pretty harsh. Glad to see he's going to South Korea instead.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Will Craig to Korea

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

So many guys the Pirates have had over the years come and go, and are quickly forgotten. Craig won't be, so there's that.